Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 209

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PACKARD 110 Boattail
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Not the worst I've even seen a Packard subjected to. The '55-'56 Pontiac stars on the side are a nice touch, out-of-context of course. At least it still is the original chassis so the driving experience will be what it mostly was in 1940, and 110's are still ubiquitous. If it was built from a 110 destined for the scrap or for another 350/350 GM streetrod, I'd say no harm, no foul.

The boat-tail looks to be made from a hood, I'll guess possibly a '40-'47 Hudson. I seem to recall early '50's customizer magazine articles that utilized those for various custom features.

Steve

Posted on: 2013/9/29 7:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
I think everyone is too PC to say it, but this is one UGLY car. The problem I have is that some will think that Packard actually produced this thing, especially because it has an original engine.

Any gee-gaw the guy could find was plastered on this poor Packard. Everything on it is one big clich? - right past the Texas-sized airhorns and down to the dual, tear-dropped spotlights. Then there is the vinyl interior with 50's style white piping. And the tonneau cover. What, exactly, do you have to do to get the squared/angular shape?

Sorry, but I am not with you guys. I would much rather see an ALL STOCK Packard 110 convertible coupe that was re-motored with say a Buick V6 than have to look at this thing. At least you would have a nice car to look at not assault the senses with this rolling "Italian Brothel" as someone else said. At least the re-motor is, "out of sight-out of mind."

And, for God's sake take that red Packard lettering off the top of the radiator grille - that way someone may guess it came from some other auto maker.

Posted on: 2013/9/29 9:12
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Munger
See User information
The " PACKARD " on the shell definately not in good taste.
To many gaudy accessories so rather tacky looking from some perspectives.

However they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
There have been some Packards custom bodied when new that were not appealing . . .

So perhaps someday, someone will take this " 110" improve it.

Packard 385

Posted on: 2013/9/29 11:24
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Paul Kelley
See User information
Well the owner told me it was a fiberglass "add on". This car is on ebay right now. Looked kinda cool to me at first but I'm not into customizing something that is already beautiful and original. Thanks for all of the "right on" inputs though. Paul.

Posted on: 2013/9/29 21:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hey Randy Berger:

Liked your comment on the YouTube clip about the car having everything but a raccoon tail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOlLSb55Rk

Only question is which antenna to put the coon tail on - the antenna on the right side cowl or the left side cowl as this Packard has DUAL antennas.

At least the dual antennas go with the dual spotlights and the dual exhaust on the original engine. Let's go to the photos.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.12 KB)
436_5248ed43658ed.jpg 800X533 px

jpg  (31.65 KB)
436_5248ed5b9bc36.jpg 800X533 px

jpg  (46.49 KB)
436_5248ed72d0408.jpg 800X533 px

Posted on: 2013/9/29 22:18
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Thanks for these photos, Monsignor Detroit, which prompt
me to revise my earlier c'est la vie. Either have genuine
dual exhaust with a split manifold, or don't. But forking
off the rear of the tailpipe is just mickey o'mouse. And
the raw undercarriage underscores there's no real love here. Just some twit trying to "cut a dash," as they say in England.

Tho' i've always thought boat tailed cars were silly, this
one's especially awkward, and the chromed chevrons or whatever they are on the rear flanks only make it worse, along with the aforementioned junk.

It's a free country, and most of us here gathered are
big tent autoholics, catholic in our tastes, but this is Packard Information, Packard Central, and we don't have to validate this sort of crapola.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 1:05
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved