Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 192

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Packard clipper sportster windshield interchange?
Just popping in
Just popping in

Kenneth R.
See User information
Greetings everyone: I have a 1953 Packard 2-door coupe-called the Sportster. I was installing the inside garnish moldings after having a friend powder coat the pieces and somehow the windshield developed a 10.4 inch crack as I finished the job. Looks like I will have to replace the windshield; first time in 40 years I have made a mistake like this. Question: Does anyone know where I can get an NOS or reproduction tinted or clear windshield for my model 2695 or a very nice used one at a good price? Is there a interchange windshield that will fit? My car's a driver but looks great with a new leather and cloth interior, stick and working overdrive, recent paint, etc. I so angry I may just fix the windshield and sell it in January. It's a great car but now that I'm pushing 80 years of age, it's hard to "wrench" on cars anymore. One person up north offered me a new windshield for 440$ US but want 200 to ship it. Seems high to me plus no returns or guarantees. If you can help me out with some information or phone number with area code, I'd appreciate it. ....or do you have one laying around that you may not use at a reasonable price? I live in San Jose, CA could drive a few miles to pick it up. Please send me an email at schockme@justice.com if you have any information regarding a windshield. Looks like I'll be loving the Packard marque until the grave. lol...Happy Holidays....

Posted on: 2013/12/4 16:01
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Packard clipper sportster windshield interchange?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Kenneth R.,
First post, so to PackardInfo. But sorry I can't help with your request other than ask if you've looked in the 48-54 Packard Parts List available in the Literature and Manuals section here on site for free download?

And I invite you to include your '5 Clipper Sportster in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/12/4 17:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Talk to your insurance agent. Mine had to be done last summer and to my amazement they had several brand new ones to pick from. Not suggesting you make a claim; it's just that they know where to go....

The price you listed doesn't surprise me (mine cost upwards of $1700 installed). But others will have a better fix on realistic prices for yours.

Don't forget to replace the rubber gasket with a new one. If you have stainless trim embedded in the rubber have someone keep your hammers when you start....

Posted on: 2013/12/4 22:41
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kenneth R.
See User information
Thanks for your comments; will follow up on each suggestion.
Happy Packarding.....
Dr. Ken

Attach file:

jpg  (55.76 KB)
4780_52a0142d76b84.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/12/5 0:51
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kenneth R.
See User information
Thanks for your reply. Have a great Holiday season.
Dr. Ken

Posted on: 2013/12/5 0:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved