Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 223

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fenders
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

shawn39
See User information
I am looking for front fenders for my 39 coupe I found some 37 but don't know how close and could be modified the car is going to be a street rod was to far gone to restore I am doing all the work myself so I am on a budget so don't know if I want to spend 2000 for a pair of 39 fenders the 37 fenders I found are 175 plus shipping thanks for any help on this

Posted on: 2014/1/7 16:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Fenders
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Shawn, I looked back on your previous posts to see which model '39 Packard you have. I was not able to tell, but for this discussion I will assume it is a junior model, either a One-twenty (8-cylinder) or One-ten (6-cylinder). The '39 and '37 juniors have completely different bodies. The body change occurred with the '38 models. I think that '37 fenders will not fit properly on your '39. I do know that the '40 front end sheet metal will fit a '39 and suspect the same for '38. This would require the whole fender and grille assembly change. Fenders only, I don't think are interchangeable between any of the years because of different grille designs. If so, this will give you three model years from which to choose if you want to change out all the front end sheet metal; otherwise I believe you are stuck trying to find '39 only fenders. If your Packard is a senior model, Twelve or Super 8, then it would be a whole different discussion. Others here may have direct experience and can better advise you.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/1/7 17:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

shawn39
See User information
I was told it was a 120 no title or vin number I don't have the front grill assembly either just the bonnet and side panels thanks for the info

Posted on: 2014/1/7 18:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
The headlight mountings a different from a 37, the buckets mount on stands where the 38-39 buckets go directly on the fender I don't know about the grill shell mounting

Posted on: 2014/1/7 19:17
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dave lucas
See User information
Shawn, I also need a left front fender for my senior car. It is a 1506 1023. If you are not able to use the 37 fenders you located, please message me the location so I may follow up and see it they will fit my car. I found a set of 37 fenders but they are for a junior car and do not have the wheel wells that I prefer. would be will to swap if we can make it work for both.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 8:39
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

shawn39
See User information
I'm waiting for pics the guy doesn't know what they fit

Posted on: 2014/1/10 12:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
I am also looking for '37 front fenders for a 115.

Posted on: 2014/1/11 18:57
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved