Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Server Node Issues
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The server node my VPS is housed on is having high loading issues. So they are supposed to relocate my VPS to a new node over the next few hours. So hopefully everything will pick back up after that.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted on: 2014/10/27 22:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Server Node Issues
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Looks like it should be fixed now. My test show that it a very fast on this new node.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 8:05
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Thanks BigKev! I appreciate your time, energy, technical input and other resources you put into PI! (Im sure I speak for all of us who frequently stop by here).

Posted on: 2014/10/28 8:06
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I haven't heard anyone report any slowness or non responsiveness this morning. So I guess that means everything is looking good now. I'm getting near instant response times when I click links.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 10:45
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Been very slow here in the past few days, down completely a couple of times later yesterday, and continuing very slow this morning. As BDC said, like manure moving uphill! Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 10:56
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Weird, cause I am not seeing any slowness this morning. Yesterday was a nightmare. I could see the data flow rate moving at a trickle. But since they moved me to a new node, it has been pretty much warp speed.

The best analogy I can give on how this works is this:

A Server Node is like an apartment building. With individual VPS (Virtual Private Server) Tenants renting apartments. These apartments can be different sizes (hard drive storage). But they are all on the same common power fuse box (network data/processor/memory). This works fine as long as everyone is playing nice. But if you have a tenant that plugs in 20 space heaters in their apartment and sucks up all the power in the building, then the other tenants then have problems. Or if they apartment building keeps adding more and more apartments without increasing the available power supply pool, then you also have problems. That is pretty much what has been happening. So they moved my "apartment" (VPS), to a new building (Server Node), that is pretty vacant at the moment. So lots of spare power to work with.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 11:10
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is still a bit sporadic. Early this AM you couldn't have asked for better. After about 8:15 PST it started slowing again. You could log in one time and all was well. I left to get some into and came back a few minutes later and it was very slow -- 30 seconds or longer to bring up or refresh a page. It got better around noon and now at 2PM logging on this time was very slow.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 16:14
Howard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I made a few performance tweaks to how the web server it serving connections. I think there were times when there was a lot of users online and the server was limiting the number of connections which causes some slowness at times. So far so good as I haven't seen any long delays in page loading.

Also keep in mine, there are times when the server runs automatic background maintenance. Things like cleaning up cache files and database optimization. So those take a few minutes to run everyday and during those times the website will be slower. But those should not take more than 10 mins out of the entire day.

Posted on: 2014/10/29 10:55
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Much improved now, Kev. Back to normal I'd say.

Posted on: 2014/10/29 10:58
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I think the everytime I checked it yesterday there was low-activity on the website. So it was fast, as soon as we had like 30+ people online, plus all the robot and website spiders crawling the pages, it started to bottleneck because of the settings. So now it should be much faster. We shall see how it looks during the evening rush hour on here and I will make adjustments as needed.

Posted on: 2014/10/29 11:01
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved