Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
69 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 64

Kiwi Lad, RKS, DM37, bkazmer, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Numbers match, VINs and brusjing off the dust
Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Ahhhh, this is very interesting. This lends more to the possibility that this was a unique or special order or one to be a stand out on a dealers show room floor. Are you saying this may be the only Clipper with a 2XX,XXX TP fierwall stamping? The Clipper Custom was the highest in the Clipper line up correct?

Posted on: 2015/3/22 9:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
As stated the vin and TP are on my O R. Are you suggesting I should remove them from there and pm you?

Posted on: 2015/3/22 9:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Your choice. If you want them in the master database for whatever use that might be to myself and future researchers please PM them to me.

Of the Packards & Clippers I know of that were "special order" (i.e. have an REQ# on the build slip to identify some non-available or non-standard feature), they all have traditional theft-proof numbers. You can be hopeful that it means something special on your car, but I rather doubt it.

Posted on: 2015/3/22 9:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
P M sent

Posted on: 2015/3/22 9:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Thanks for the Info. Many questions answered,some still unanswered and many new questions raised. I am requesting again any 5562 owners with a Green color scheme can you P M me if you have a car or pictures of one unrestored with info on the carpet style, and engine color please? There is some question as to special materials and I would be interested to see if they match my original clippings?

Posted on: 2015/3/23 18:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Well through the help of the dedicated and professional Packard experts I have been able to gain some insight and info as to the " Thief Proof" numbers on my 1955 5562 Clipper Custom. It seems as of today it is the only Clipper known to have a cowl embossed with a TP number beginning with a 2 and not a C or D. It may be the only one. A one of one. Of the data gathered there are only a few 5582 to be known with this and a couple 5587 cars. There seems to be some debate as to how or why this happened but regardless, it adds to the mystery and uniqueness of the Packard experience. As of now there are no other Clippers documented with this. I am requesting again- if there are any Clipper owners with a TP starting with a number as the first digit please contact me. No need at this time to specify #s just a head count please.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 17:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Here she is shortly after we got her. I have documents,paperwork and receipts from the previous owner and some info of how and when he got it. can be traced back to 1989 and poss earlier.

Attach file:

jpg  (104.63 KB)
1794_5513426018757.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (96.82 KB)
1794_551342a1988a3.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2015/3/25 18:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved