Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 226

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: NEW Website Feature
Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
This is what I was looking for - GREAT JOB KEVIN and BRIAN!

Posted on: 2009/5/11 20:55
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
This site just gets better, and better, and better, and ...

Posted on: 2009/5/11 21:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
And some people probably thought that I'd just been ignoring them all this time - LOL!

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that people find this feature useful. I had hoped to have this latest installment in BigKev's hands a couple months ago, but it was a long hard winter here (and we're still cleaning up the yard), my dad had some health matters that again required my involvement, and working in a GM dealership has been no fun these many months.

Yet, don't be surprised in the weeks ahead, if you see the wording for some topics changed and their order resorted (the latter, automatically, thanks to BigKev's programming) as I continue to refine and coordinate things within and between both the 55-56 and 51-54 indices.

The good news is that plenty of the topics published from 1951 through 1962 also apply to earlier postwar cars and my previous work will trickle down to help fill in the 48-50 Index. Still, there will be a lot of work to do with entering topics published from 1948-50, annotating the entries and clearing up many gray areas that pop-up. I probably won't be able to get to that until after summer has come and gone.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 10:44
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks to many months of Brian's (BH) hard work, the 1948-1950 (22nd-23rd Series) Service Index is now online. This provides a one-stop place to check for any service information related to the 49-50 Packards (and of course 51-56).

Please well free to check it out here:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/serviceinfo/

Posted on: 2010/9/5 19:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Just spent time browsing this new addition. I can imagine how much time and effort went into creating this service index. Brian, I really appreciate your time and effort that has gone into creating this. A very fast and convenient way to access service specific info.

Much appreciated!

Jim

Posted on: 2010/9/6 1:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Thanks, Jim.

I hope that owners of 48-50 cars find this latest installment helpful, as the 46-50 factory shop manual seems a bit spotty in its coverage. This index contains nearly 600 topics, though a handful are duplicated between more than one category, where applicable; over 100 involve the early Ultramatic.

I only wish I could have made this available sooner. Alas, progress came in fits and starts, due to problems at home and work, and I am much less familiar with these Packards. I really got bogged down with the 1947 SCs, as the 22nd Series convertibles were being produced, concurrently, with 21st Series cars for months. Then, as I made my way back through time, I found that a growing number of articles were more often vague WRT model application. It takes a lot of extra time to scour the shop manuals and parts books for info to help clear up those gray areas, topic by topic.

While there's still room for some improvement, I didn't want to hold up the presentation any longer, as I had noticed a growing number of questions on 22nd-23rd Series cars in the Forums that could have been answered by this index. Thanks to HH56 and anyone else who helped answer such questions, with excerpts from and even direct links to specific documents, as I continued working.

Last, but not least, I'd like to take time out, here, to advise that we are missing the following STBs:

STB 47T-...all issues

STB 49T-4 (Zones only)
STB 49T-6 (Dealer 5 or Zones only?)
STB 49T-7 (Dealer 5 or Zones only?)
STB 49T-12 (Zones only)
STB 49T-14 (Zones only)
STB 49T-19 (Zones only)
STB 49T-21, Dealer 16
STB 49T-25 (Zones only)
STB 49T-30 (Zones only)
STB 49T-34 (Zones only)
STB 49T-37 (Zones only)
STB 49T-40 (Zones only)

STB 50T-1 (Zones only)
STB 50T-5, Dealer 4
STB 50T-11 (Zones only)
STB 50T-17 (Zones only)
STB 50T-19 (Zones only)
STB 50T-25, Dealer 20
STB 50T-28 (Zones only)
STB 50T-29 (Zones only)
STB 50T-30 (Zones only)
STB 50T-39, Dealer 31 (49-50 Index)
STB 50T-40 (Zones only)
STB 50T-42 (Zones only)
STB 50T-44 (Zones only)
STB 50T-47 (Zones only)
STB 50T-48 (Zones only)
STB 50T-60 (Zones only)

I expect the "Zones only" issues will be hardest to come by.

Also, Studebaker Service Bulletin No. 355, which has a couple of topics applicable to the 48-50 cars, is still missing.

If anyone can help fill in the blanks, please contact BigKev. Upon receipt of that material, I'll update the index, as needed and as time permits.

Posted on: 2010/9/6 8:33
 Top  Print   

1957-1958 Service Information Index
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Adding the great work that Brian has done on the 48-56 Service Indexes that are in place, his latest installment is now online covering the 1957-58 Studebaker built Packards.

You can access this information by clicking on the "Packard Service Index" link on the Main Menu, and then clicking on the 1957-1958 Index link.

Thanks to Brian for his hard work on this.

Also we are still looking for someone to step up and start working on the Pre-War years indexes. If interested please let either me or Brian know.

Regards,

Posted on: 2010/11/26 13:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: 1957-1958 Service Information Index
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Truth be told, I hadn't given much thought to covering the Packardbakers - until after a conversation with acolds at the S-P Cruise, last August at Summit Racing, which revealed that there were many highly relevant topics in just the handful of Studebaker Service Bulletins available here, at P'Info. After completing work on the 48-50 index, I took on the 57-58 content to tide us over until the next installment is ready (more on that later).

I hope other owners of the 57-58 cars find this index useful.

Mind you, I've only included topics from the existing set of SSBs, which appear to have been collected primarily WRT to Detroit-built Packards, but happen to contain many articles on South Bend product as well. I also included several Studebaker Service Letters that have been graciously donated. However, there are plenty SSBs with relevant articles that we DON'T yet have, but I'll gladly add them to the index if anyone can provide original examples of the missing issues - as duly noted in the 1957-58 Service Index Introduction.

After the holidays, I plan to pick up with work on an installment for the 1941-47 (19th-21st Series) Clippers, since we now have many, though not all, issues of the Packard Service Counselor and Packard Service Letter newsletters for that period. While we still need ALL of the Technical Letters or Service Technical Bulletins for that period (and 1947) for complete coverage, I'll make do and fold new information as it becomes available.

BTW, one resource that has helped me resolve many gray areas WRT model application, when the articles were vague, has been the factory parts books, here, but there is a gap in coverage that may affect progress on the 41-47 Clipper work. I believe there was a separate parts book for the non-Clipper (110, 120, 160, and 180) models in 1942 that we don't yet have. If anyone can loan an original edition to scan and add to our free Literature and Manuals archive, please contact BigKev.

Beyond that, there is a burning question as to how best to group related years/series/models of 1942 and earlier years for future installments. For that, we will need input from some knowledgable prewar enthusiasts.

Meanwhile, thanks to BigKev for providing a good home and the programming needed to present this work.

Posted on: 2010/11/27 10:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Glad that I had a small part in motivating you to do the 57-58 Its a great way to find all information thats on the site to a specified model. I had read thru all the ones on 57 you will have saved a lot of time for future users and owners of 57 -58 thanks for the effort from a 57 owners

Posted on: 2010/11/27 13:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I have SSB319 and 320. Kev will need to provide the FTP info again because they are too large for attachments.

Posted on: 2010/11/27 13:33
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved