Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 238

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

115c Oil Pressure Tube Location
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Rousseau
See User information
Good Morning,

I'm continuing to try and put my 115c back together, however, i am trying to get an idea of where the steel tubing should be connected to the block for the oil pressure gage. I have the fine tube exiting the firewall on the passenger side of the car and it is coiled several wraps. The previous owner had partially disassembled the car and the shop manual doesn't have an illustration.

The car has a bypass filter plumbed into the passenger side port located near the front of the block.

Would anyone be able to post a picture of the correct connection of the pressure tube and the recommended fittings?

Thank you for your help.

Bob

Posted on: 2015/6/11 6:05
"Vision without execution is just hallucination"
 Top  Print   

Re: 115c Oil Pressure Tube Location
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The tube for the oil pressure gauge on my 115C connects to the rear main bearing port on the lower RH side of the engine. Each main bearing has a port with a 1/8" NPT plug. Remove the plug and install fittings to connect the tubing. I'll post a photo in just a minute.

(o{}o)

Here is a photo. From looking at the connections, I think it uses a compression type fitting. Hope this helps.

Attach file:

jpg  (27.50 KB)
565_5579a5b65c337.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/6/11 10:06
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I was waiting for someone to post a photo showing location before linking this photo BDeB posted last year showing a special fitting. I guess the question is how many years used the fitting and if it is not available could a modern one be substitutedl and still look proper.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=148910#forumpost148910

Posted on: 2015/6/11 10:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Rousseau
See User information
Thank you everyone for your help.

My line was apparently cut off so I will be flaring it with modern fittings.

Posted on: 2015/6/11 11:41
"Vision without execution is just hallucination"
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved