Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
182 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 182

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Church Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Interesting - Restore as the bus or to origional???

http://r.ebay.com/lRQZi7

1925 Packard "Bus" Eight. A local church purchased 3 Packard's and then customized them into Preaching vehicles for the church. They took church officials to meetings and gatherings. They preached on Sunday mornings in the City's Park Blocks... at the back of the vehicle was a "Preachers' Platform" where the preacher would give his sermon to the folks who had gathered. Of the three customized vehicles, this is the only one left. Truly a rare piece of history!

This car has been stored since the early 1960's. I believe that I have most every part... some may not be in the best shape, or even broken perhaps, but they are all here! There are new tires on the vehicle and most of the car has been primed. All the leather seats are virtually gone but I have the originals with the springs and horse-hair. It had beautiful black, tuck and roll, leather upholstery at one time.

The body is in great shape, very little rust, if any. I've been sanding and prepping for primer and thinking about a base coat of white paint.

I am NOT a mechanic. I have had problems getting her started. My dad had it started a few years ago... so I'm just missing something. I thought the problem may be the Ignition / Starter Switch in the dashboard. I was lucky to find an original and had it restored to better than new. It's like artwork now. A picture is included. I recently had the car appraised and that is the Reserve Price.

Posted on: 2015/10/18 9:46
-

( o\|||/o )

1936 Packard 120 4 Door Touring

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Re: Church Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Restore and start your own drive-in church.

Posted on: 2015/10/18 14:11
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Re: Church Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Was for sale on Hemmings some months back.

Posted on: 2015/10/18 15:21
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved