Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
177 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 176

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Heater/defroster plumbing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Bow
See User information
I found the outlet for the defroster on my '37. I have the outlet and the heater. In between should be a piece of hose from the heater to the under side of the dash. The hose should hook up to a part that bolts to the defroster outlet with the dash sandwiched in between.
I haven't been unable to find a parts manual with this in it.
Any idea where I can find one of these "guzundas"? It goes under the dash connecting the heater hose to the outlet.

Posted on: 2016/3/27 10:23
Bilbo
1937 120C Sport Coupe

Continuously snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater/defroster plumbing
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If flackmaster doesn't have something and since it is high and well out of sight perhaps it could be fabricated. IIRC someone said it was essentially a bent piece of sheetmetal with a collar on one side for the duct. I believe it was even described as being somewhat crude.

If someone could post dimensions or maybe a photo or two of a real one taken straight up under the dash to see where or how things lie and mount, it might be able to be done for a reasonable cost at a sheetmetal shop -- or even in your garage.

Posted on: 2016/3/27 11:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved