Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 121

Tim, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

47 degree pic
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
exactly what the heck are they trying to accomplish in this pic....https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=12815&cid=7

get it out...get it in....show how well the brakes work? I would not want to stand anywhere near that to be honest.

Posted on: 2016/4/28 10:25
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 degree pic
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Been a long time since seeing it but that photo has appeared somewhere else. Something about that was the only way to get anything large on or off the second floor as there was no drive ramp or freight elevator. Can't remember the reason given for doing it that way rather than having something safer. When first seeing the photo I couldn't believe the straight up and down supports without a sign of much lateral bracing. Long before the days of OSHA for sure. IIRC, I think there was also a team of horses involved -- maybe on the other side of bldg and a rope connected the two.

Posted on: 2016/4/28 10:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I guess hired hands were cheap and disposable. You'd think we're would be a better & safer way to accomplish getting it down (I assume they were trying to get it down after building it upstairs).

Posted on: 2016/4/28 11:10
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Keep in mind that was also in the early days of Packard while it was still in Warren, OH. "Get 'r done!"

Posted on: 2016/4/28 11:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved