Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 200

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Door-Mount Rear View Mirror for '39 Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
My '39 Six was purchased from a body shop by the previous owner. They had stripped the car to do the body & paint and much of the exterior trim and accessories were not put back on. There are two holes in the driver's door for a swan neck style peep mirror, but in all my scouring, I cannot come up with a side-view mirror appropriate for a '39. Max Merritt and Kanter both say the mounting body for that year are specific and the hole spacing is 2 5/16" as best as I can measure. Can anybody steer me here? I don't want to drill any more holes in the door if I don't have to and I would like to get a year-appropriate unit if I could. Any help that 'those who have gone before' could offer would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.

Posted on: 2016/6/1 16:00
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Re: Door-Mount Rear View Mirror for '39 Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
SoCal Speed Shop sells a very nice period correct - but not Packard authentic - swan neck style rear view mirror. It fastens to the door with one 3/8" fine threaded stud.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/6/1 17:00
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Door-Mount Rear View Mirror for '39 Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Contact Don or Dan Sommer at americanarrowcorp.com Phone (248) 435-6115

It is not on their webpage but they do cowl mount mirrors. I have them on my 1941 convertible sedan and I am picking up a pair for my 120 coupe tomorrow. Great quality, but not cheap.

Posted on: 2016/6/1 20:57
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved