Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
65 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 64

bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Great Forum site, members and of course webmaster...
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
Hi all,

I haven't been wrenching on the Packard much lately as other vehicles and life have taken priority. The "other" vehicles are a '69 Galaxie and ALL of my family's cars. So I haven't been on the site for months.

So to my point... The other auto forums that I frequent for the "other" cars have just gotten bad. Forget the arguing and somewhat "personal" attacks... From what I've read... Apparently, a majority of the auto oriented forums are owned/operated by a Canadian firm whose databases had been hacked. So all of my ID's and passwords had to be re-set. What a pain!

It is so much easier, and enjoyable to frequent and post to this site. I will be making it a point to make a donation. (it's been a while)

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer in their Packards!

Mark

Posted on: 2016/7/13 16:54
 Top  Print   

Re: Great Forum site, members and of course webmaster...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Great sentiments Mark!

For those who also wish to donate(PackardInfo is reliant on donations to help defray the costs being borne by BigKev) you can use the donate button on the right side of this page.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 17:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Mark

The people who bought Packards were generally respectful of each other and civil toward each other then. We strive to maintain those two qualities and that tone toward all forum participants now. Nice to know you've noticed.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/7/13 19:32
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Agree with all the above comments.

Guys with older Packards (pre-WWII) and post-war S8 and V8 cars seem to get along pretty good here. Also, the "modification" threads are not derided, although not necessarily agreed with, but that is understandable.

A pleasant bunch of folks.

Craig

Posted on: 2016/7/13 20:09
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
hello,

I am happy I opened this thread. I am trying to catch up on my Packard projects. so I have been very busy.

This thread reminds me about making a donation$; which I do periodically . I have not done so for a while.

I was just thinking yesterday that I must send $ when I complete some of these projects. This is a good opportunity to do so.

You all have a great summer and enjoy your rides.

tim

Posted on: 2016/7/19 4:28
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved