Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 One-Twenty four door sedan locks
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Zach Dillinger
See User information
Hello,

I was hoping someone might have an answer for me. There seems to be no way to lock my car. I recently bought my first Packard, a 1939 One-Twenty four door touring sedan. I think it may have the wrong driver's front door handle on it in that I see no way to lock the door. The passenger front door has a lock accessible from the outside, and the two rear doors have internal lock knobs (i.e. the ones that push up and down), but the driver's front door has neither. It seems there is no way to lock the driver's front... do I have the wrong handle? Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Zach Dillinger

Posted on: 2016/8/2 14:02
"I was going to buy my girl a Packard car for Christmas, but it took too long to deliver, so I bought her some handkerchiefs." - the inimitable Mr. Benny
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 One-Twenty four door sedan locks
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Nothing wrong with your car, what you have is pretty much the standard of the time and going back decades before that; people exited and entered cars primarily from curbside and the passenger side front door was typically the one that was key-lockable. The driver's side door normally locked by pushing the handle in the opposite direction of that used to open the door, you then slid across the seat, exited, and locked the passenger side front door.

Posted on: 2016/8/2 14:26
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Zach Dillinger
See User information
Ok, thank you! I am glad nothing is wrong with the handle; those things are very costly!

Posted on: 2016/8/2 14:35
"I was going to buy my girl a Packard car for Christmas, but it took too long to deliver, so I bought her some handkerchiefs." - the inimitable Mr. Benny
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just have your passenger lock it (as described above) once you exit the vehicle.

Posted on: 2016/8/2 15:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved