Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 237

Packardbarry, Spencer B., more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Packard Robe Cord
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
This is a follow up on the installation of the robe cord on my 41. Myself and 3 other car guys have studied the attaching of the cord to the seat shell and we cannot figure how Packard did this. The chain inside of the cord has to have a link attached to a bolt that is inserted from the front side of the seat shell through a steel plate that holds on each side attached by 2 bolts per side. I have attached photos to hopefully explain this better. If I could rotate the right side handle horizontally like I did on the left side I might be able to move the chain link around until the pin on the end of the bolt enters the chain opening. However, the chain is not long enough to do so. The only solution I can come up with is to silicone the chain link inside the handle and hope it holds long enough to tighten the bolt through the link while attaching it to the seat shell. My question is how did Packard ever do this during assembly ???? What a pain !!!!!!

Attach file:

jpg  (46.05 KB)
58975_57c5dab955f8d.jpg 545X969 px

jpg  (144.37 KB)
58975_57c5dacf09bdd.jpg 1723X969 px

jpg  (34.96 KB)
58975_57c5dae5e026a.jpg 545X969 px

Posted on: 2016/8/30 14:13
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 Packard Robe Cord
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That one is different than the Clippers. They have an S hook on the end which attaches to a sleeve and spring assy. Spring pulls the chain and covered part inside the chrome. All work to attach the chain is with the seat back removed from the frame.

If you remove the seat back and take the handle off the seat frame, will the pin extract so you can insert the chain link and then reassemble and rescrew the bracket to the seat?

Your covered part also looks short compared to mine. Has it shrunk back? My S hooks barely extend out of he rubber and cloth which is covering the chain.

Posted on: 2016/8/30 14:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I don't know the answer, but it is possible that someone with a 55 Patrician may know....believe it or not, the robe rail handle is the same. Go figure....

Posted on: 2016/8/30 15:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Maybe,this is a mystery to me, I appreciate your reply

Posted on: 2016/8/30 15:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved