Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
259 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 257

Tobs, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1940 PACKARD DATA BOOK WHICH INCLUDES WEATHER-CONDITIONER
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2016/12/27 21:10
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

ALLEN B. SIMONS
See User information
1-11-17

Hi, Let the Ride Decide,

Thanks for your heads-up of the 2009 Grenwich Concours d'Elegance video, yes I saw it before.

And thanks for the three videos of "Automotive Climate Control: 116 Years of Progress." Yes I have seen the videos, bought the book and also have spoken with and emailed
Gene Dickirson several times.

Thanks,
Allen
archiveman2977

Posted on: 2017/1/11 12:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Allen,
Will you make it the Texas Packard Meet in 2017?

http://texaspackardmeet.org/
https://www.facebook.com/Packardmeetsaladotx/

Posted on: 2017/1/11 19:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

archiveman2977 wrote:
1-11-17

Hi, Let the Ride Decide,

Thanks for your heads-up of the 2009 Grenwich Concours d'Elegance video, yes I saw it before.

And thanks for the three videos of "Automotive Climate Control: 116 Years of Progress." Yes I have seen the videos, bought the book and also have spoken with and emailed
Gene Dickirson several times.

Thanks,
Allen
archiveman2977

I found out about this book via these posts and decided to buy one. Thanks to "Let the Ride Decide" and "archiveman2977" for the info. Overall it appears to be a very nice book for anyone interested in the subject. 500+ pages and index.

Skimmed but haven't read it thoroughly yet but I can say for those interested in the early heaters and AC, it appears to be a thoroughly researched book with many many factory photos, drawings, sales info and some service info plus ads of the various OEM and some aftermarket systems that were available thru the years. I did find one small mistake in that he said while Packard introduced production AC it wasn't available again postwar until 54 so he was off by a year but if that is the only error then a minor detail. Unfortunately I did not see any info that would date the early MarkIV unit asked about in another thread on the forum.

Sad to say but looking at the various photos and details of competetive systems, IMO it appears the conservative approach of our favorite car might have been a little behind the times and playing catch up compared to what others were doing.

Posted on: 2017/1/27 12:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Found this in the pile:

Attach file:

jpg  (251.12 KB)
1_589a47dfe35a3.jpg 1240X1573 px

Posted on: 2017/2/7 17:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved