Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

leslie fisher, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Judging criteria for a preserved original car
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

FREDERICK E WILEY
See User information
Attended a local car show Saturday. All awards went to cars 1970 and up, except for the proverbial 55 Chevy, all modified beyond belief. A perfect all original Barracuda Convertible received no recognition. There was a perfect, mostly original, but some restoration 1972 Pinto in that avocado green. It is so ugly you can't help but love it.The poor owner told me he had been attached so much for even showing it that he would not allow it to be judged ! So my question is, What is the criterion for judging a preserved original car ?

Posted on: 2017/3/6 20:58
Fred in Florida

1948 Deluxe Eight Sedan 2262
 Top  Print   

Re: Judging criteria for a preserved original car
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
What is the criterion for judging a preserved original car ?

Depends firstly on what organization's judging standards (if any) are to be used; for example AACA, CCCA, PAC, etc. all have their own methods and standards. If it's just a local show without sponsorship by a national organization or a marque-specific club, the judging is probably more of a popularity contest than anything else.

Posted on: 2017/3/6 23:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
Or who ever did the most business with the sponser

Posted on: 2017/3/7 9:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
for what it is worth-Packard Int'l has produced a Judging Guide. I think you have to join PI to get a copy. It is very detail esp in the engine compartment area.

Posted on: 2017/3/7 9:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It was the intention of PI to produce judging guides in a series of parts, each for a different aspect of the vehicle. Whether they ever completed the series I don't know, to my knowledge only Part 1, Engine Room, was completed, this in 2002.

Posted on: 2017/3/7 10:07
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
They also have a Wheel and Tire judging guide. Or, at least I have seen one of Fred Mauch's drafts in his collection. Not sure if it was ever published.

Posted on: 2017/3/7 10:41
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved