Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Gas Door Guard for a 1951 Senior
Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
I have been looking on ebay for a gas door guard for my 51 senior car. All the ones I see are flat and look like they would only fit a junior model. Am I missing something? Do you just bend a flat one to fit the contour of the senior fender? This doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

Posted on: 2008/12/13 12:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Gas Door Guard for a 1951 Senior
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The 48-54 parts book is available on this website. When in doubt, just check the book for which gas tank door guards fit which models. It's towards the rear under "Accessories".

Attach file:

jpg  (25.07 KB)
177_49442fa135c28.jpg 1280X231 px

Posted on: 2008/12/13 16:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Hi Bob,

The one you want is Part # PA436058 which was used for 1951 to 1953 models. There is one presently listed on eBay.

Brian

Posted on: 2008/12/19 1:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Be sure the one you buy has the factory bend to follow the protrusions for the taillamp on the rear 1/4 panel. I don't believe the one recommended is bent but is just a flat one for the junior cars.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 10:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Thanks for the info. I've been watching for the correct gas door guard on ebay for a long time. No luck. The ones that are described as for a 1951 all look flat. A couple of years ago I bought one off ebay with out really looking at the pictures. It was flat and, of course, does not fit.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 16:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information

Posted on: 2009/2/1 22:48
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That is less expensive then the NOS one I bought for my '54 Junior today (different part number).

Posted on: 2009/2/1 23:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
I saw the door guard on ebay. It looks to me like the trailing edge is bent however the leading edge is not. Leeds me to believe that the guard is just bent ( damaged ) and not really the correct one. The guy got indignant when I asked him about it. He says that it is correct for a 51 senior car. I've been burnt so many times with things from ebay that I'm leary to trust anyone. What does it look like to you guys?

Posted on: 2009/2/4 19:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't know who you talked with but I've done a lot of business with Joel (packards1) & Patrician Industries over the years and have always been pleased. I guess anything is possible but even if wrong, you shouldn't have too much trouble moving it along again.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 19:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I bought a few parts over the years from Joel at his Ebay Store and auctions and have never been disappointed.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 19:52
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved