Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 214

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Packard Parts List
Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
I'll volunteer, Kev. Email sent.
Pat

Posted on: 2017/11/27 20:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Hi Kev,

I'll help out.
Also, one thing to be aware of when you get to the 1935-41 list is that it contains a lot of errors and discrepancies. The later lists were a lot better.

Brian

Posted on: 2017/11/27 23:00
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 1955-56 Parts List is complete and online. If you go to the Parts List from the main menu, not only can you search like before, but now you can drill down through the Parts Plates by category. This should make it easier for people to find the plate they are looking for.

Once they select a category, like Brakes for example, it will then show all the plates related to Brakes. Clicking on any of those plates with then bring up that plate image, with all the groups belonging to that plate and their descriptions listed below. If you click on any of the groups, the page will refresh and show you the parts in the selected group, as well as the plate image for continued reference.

There are "bread-crumb" navigation links at the top to make it easier to move back to where you came from.

It probably the closest thing we have ever had to an interactive Parts List.

Thanks to HH (Howard) and BDeB (Brian) for their help in transcribing the group numbers off of all the plates for me so I could wire everything up into the database.

Hopefully we will get the 48-54 Parts List done in the next month or so.

Enjoy!

Posted on: 2017/12/1 17:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Any feedback?

Posted on: 2017/12/4 9:29
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Only tried a couple of links, but it seems fairly intuitive - much better than trying to map the illustrations directly.

Yet, when one selects a plate, the next page starts at the top of the plate, which fills up the page. I wonder if a new user might feel lost - not realizing the results are shown below.

Meanwhile, I took a quick tour without drilling too deep, and on the BRAKES section, the description for Plate 18B comes up as:

"BRAKE SYSTEM WITH STANDARD BRAKE 56TH SERIES TYPICAL OF 55TH SERIES"

That is, the text is flanked in quotation marks that seem unnecessary to display.

I did a quick check of the rest and found similar occurrences only in FUEL AND EXHAUST with plates 18C and 29B.

That is all. (Though I didn't proof read it for typos.)

Posted on: 2017/12/4 10:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I am wondering if it would help in finding specific plates and if the format would allow some kind of thumbnail page where the associated plates would show as soon as the main category -- air conditioning, body, brakes, clutch etc was chosen. On the pages with multiple plates, divide the page into sections that would still allow a decent sized thumbnail.

A case in point is the spindle just mentioned in another post. Opening the suspension and steering section brought up 14 plates and no real way to know which was the appropriate plate without knowing a bit on how Packard organized their parts lists. That one was easier than some others because steering knuckle was called out in the title of a page but if it was not or someone was looking only for spindle not realizing Packard might call it something else, rather than having to guess or open each page something could point the way.

Posted on: 2017/12/4 12:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Extraneous quotes removed, thumbnails on the category plate list added.

When a "group" is selected from a Plate page, then it refreshes and should jump down to the where it the part listing begins. Works in both IE and Chrome on my side.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 14:25
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And works in Safari and Firefox on Mac. Excellent size on the thumbnails. On my screen just the right size to see enough to pick which one to view full.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 14:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Copy that on the quotation marks.

I also like the thumbnails - just enough detail to let you know you're headed in the right direction.

However, when I click on a specific Group Number/Description from a Plate page, it still takes me to the top of the next page - rather than the top of the parts (text) listing. I'm (presently) using IE11 (at work).

Posted on: 2017/12/5 15:52
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Brian,

It should be fixed now. IE doesnt honor a blank anchor tag. So I had to stuff a space in it for it to work.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 16:08
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved