Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 159

Tom (Packin31), Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Packard 110 wiper assemblies
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Jones Jr.
See User information
Does anyone know if the complete 1941 wiper assembly (which includes all control arms, Will fit in a 1940 Packard 110 car?

Posted on: 2017/12/22 14:34
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 Packard 110 wiper assemblies
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
While waiting for one of the experts to chime in, the Packard parts books are here for researching this type of thing. I would do it for you as I'm curious too (I have a 1940 assembly and would like to know what else it fits) but have only my iPad at the moment where that sort of thing is awkward.

Posted on: 2017/12/23 15:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Not sure this will help, but I'll try. Is there a reason you don't want the Stewart Warner electric system that your car would have had?

Some background:
It is my understanding that the 1940 juniors were the only models with the Stewart Warner electric wipers up til that time; however, I believe the 38 and 39 junior vacuum system (motor, linkages, cowl towers, wiper arms and blades and even the dash mounted vacuum valve switch can be fitted. That is, if you really want the vacuum system, which works great if properly maintained/rebuilt and in combination with the dual acting fuel pump /vacuum pump.

As PackardDon states, the 35-41 Parts Book will answer your question definitively in terms of factory matching fitment. The second generation Stewart Warner electric for the clippers will not fit.

For what it is worth, I used the 40 electric system and it fit well into my 39 Six, with only.

I have a spare motor with linkage if you are interested; I would have to check it out and possibly rewire, clean and lube it.

For some reason, I've seen lots of 40 electric towers on ebay lately with approachable prices.

Pat

Posted on: 2017/12/23 16:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
Has anybody here ever had a 1940 Wiper assembly rechromed? I believe that it needs to be taken apart so as not to have it permently joined.
According to what I have seen & heard there are several lengths to the assembly arm. When I get a chance I will check the 1940 Preliminary Parts list for the numbers.

Thanks
Fred D

Posted on: 2017/12/23 17:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Do you mean the transmissions where the arms attach? I've had them chromed and for anything with moving parts, disassembly is necessary but not difficult in this case. I even have some for sale on my site below if you want to see what they look like taken apart. I also have the motor and other bits not yet listed but not sure of the condition. The transmissions, by the way, would probably be different from 1941 and not be interchangeable even if the rest is the same.

Posted on: 2017/12/23 20:01
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Jones Jr.
See User information
I am asking for a friend who says his 1940 110 has a vacuum system. I don't know if it is electric or vacuum. Do not have a parts book to see what it is supposed to be. I have a complete system out of a 1941 110 parts car
And am trying to determine if mine will fit his 1940 model 110. JD at Max Merrit wasn't sure if they were the same or not. He thought both years used the electric system. I have a 38 Packard 12 that definitely has the vacuum system.

Posted on: 2017/12/25 21:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Jones Jr.
See User information
Pat

I was not aware the 1940 car had an electric system. Either the owner of the car doesn't know what it really has or at some time in its life has been converted to vacuum system, which I have no idea why someone would do that.
I have a complete system out of a 1941 110 parts car and am trying to find out if it will work in his 1940 model car.

I have not looked under the dash of his car to see what he really has since I live in Kansas and he lives in Utah.

Bill J

Posted on: 2017/12/25 21:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 1940 110 and 120 were electric but maybe vacuum on the seniors.

Posted on: 2017/12/25 22:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved