Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 221

David Timberlake, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Your Favorite Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sweet-looking ride, BDC. Are you trying to source the spare tire sidemount face plate?

Posted on: 2018/3/24 20:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Thanks O_D! No I have the face plate but some of the clips to put the chrome trim piece on are missing. Also its a major pain to put the side plate on straight without messing up the paint.

It's my favorite ride for sure!

Posted on: 2018/3/24 22:46
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Just one Packard as a most personal favorite? Impossible! There are standouts in each decade: the '20's Sport models, all LeBaron and Dietrich bodied especially the V-windshield styles, most custom-bodied from other coachbuilders except the dowdy retrograde styles, all factory-bodied convertibles, Darrins, Custom Super Clippers, Caribbeans, Patricians. An embarrassment of riches!

Steve

Posted on: 2018/3/25 8:36
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Nicley put Steve, but if your barn was on fire which hypothetically housed all those models, which one would you save?

Posted on: 2018/3/25 12:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
Favorite: 1953 Caribbean, then a 56 Caribbean, then a 46-47 Clipper Custom Coupe, then a 1930 734 Speedster Rumabout

Posted on: 2018/3/25 19:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
The speedster boattail is high on my list but with the current inflation my hopes are not very high of acquiring one.

Posted on: 2018/3/25 21:20
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
There are a lot of exceptional Packards to choose from, but perhaps the ultimate Classic Packard for me is the 1934 Twelve Dietrich Individual Custom line. Any of the body styles are virtual perfection, but the open styles are my favorites. The convertible sedan and the convertible vistoria are total Nirvana.

My second place favorite would be a 1955-56 Caribbean convertible, followed by a 1956 Patrician sedan.

Posted on: 2018/3/26 11:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
For me, this is like asking what woman do you like best. It better be the one in the garage or there could be some unscheduled time on the lift.

I'm so biased because the Duchess is the only Packard I've ever owned, and I have no desire to own another. But I think I've been incredibly lucky because a 1940 160 convertible sedan retains much of the styling of Packard's heyday in the '30s, the overall lines, hood, world-famous waterfall grill, but also the practicality of hydraulic brakes, a superior 356 engine and other reliability and comfort features that make driving it long distances somewhat practical, certainly enough for me.

Posted on: 2018/3/26 12:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Seeing how i own an 1100 & 1104 it would have to b anything 1934. Probably put about 30,000 on the 1100 over the years between VMCCA and CCCA. Restored it around 1980. Only trouble i can remember is a flat and coil. Guessing 5,000 on the 1104 with CCCA. Keep threatening to sell the 1100 but never seem to get to it.
WHO CAN'T LOVE A '34 ?

Posted on: 2018/3/26 13:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Here you go 55packardConv. The 1934 Twelve Dietrich Individual Custom.

Attach file:

jpg  (5.49 KB)
167221_5ab9405aad8bb.jpg 300X168 px

Posted on: 2018/3/26 13:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved