Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 205

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

North East Dual Point Distributor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I need to disassemble a North East dual point distributor in order to cleanup the centrifugal force mechanism. I have plate that the points screw onto but I'm puzzled as to how the weights come out.

I've looked on line here and else where but can't seem to find anything to assist. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2018/10/10 15:16
 Top  Print   

Re: North East Dual Point Distributor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I figured it out by removing the two springs without using my usual approach of

Posted on: 2018/10/10 15:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I disassembled the distributor, and cleaned everything up. I took enough pictures so I could put it back together or at least I thought so. I started to put it together, when to my surprise I discovered that I did not have one that showed what position the centrifugal force plate.

I need help in figuring out where the plate goes in relationship to bar at the bottom shaft. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attach file:

jpg  (277.54 KB)
1063_5bc6a54c02606.jpg 1920X1477 px

jpg  (130.88 KB)
1063_5bc6a575556f3.jpg 1215X1049 px

Posted on: 2018/10/16 21:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Does someone out there have a North East Dual Point distributor with the same configuration as that in the photo above sitting on a shelf or in a box? If so, would you mind letting me know where the rotor points when the bars at the bottom point are point to 12 and 6 on a clock?

Posted on: 2018/10/22 21:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Is a 36 pack 12 the same?...its dual points

Posted on: 2018/10/22 22:32
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No Riki, the Packard Twelve is a different manufacturer and different construction. The dual point 33-34 Northeast for 8 cylinder cars is likewise quite different from Marston's unit. Wish I could help on this one but I can't. Maybe a call to Jason at AER would be helpful.

Posted on: 2018/10/23 7:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved