Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
60 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Heater addition??
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Heptig
See User information
I have a '35 1200 that was originally sold in California, so as heaters were optional at the time it doesn't have one would a heater like the attachemnt be what was originally available from Packard and would there be issues in adding this to my car?

Attach file:

jpg  (22.54 KB)
3015_5bc8b9d78dfd2.jpg 501X377 px

Posted on: 2018/10/18 11:50
ClassicCrusier
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater addition??
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As long as it's the proper heater for your car to not need any modifications, there will be no issues at all.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 15:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Junior and senior cars had their own respective heaters and I believe in the senior there was also a standard and deluxe, plus the Kelch heater, plus defroster options starting in 1935 (I think). The heater you pictured is certainly "of the era" but if you want to be absolutely certain its correct for your car, you either need a picture from the appropriate Packard accessory catalog, or confirm via Packard accessory part numbers, neither of which I have access to.

My own opinion, even if it isn't the exactly correct unit its so close that it would only be an issue in an ultra high value car competing in the high end circuit. So go ahead, install and stay warm.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 15:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you have a 35 there may need to be some additional work required to provide water flow to install any hot water heater so keep that in mind. You can do a search in the Service Index from the left menu, select 33-36 or 35-37 junior category, and accessories subsection in either for heater related articles.

There are a few service letter articles pertaining to extra or different parts or work needed in plumbing for water flow in hot water heaters with some early model engines. The direct links to some of those articles are missing but since the index was compiled some additions have been posted to the service letters in the literature section. Any that list volume 9 in black will be affected as volume 9 and some other missing service letters are now available to download from the literature service counselor and bulletins category. You can download them by going to the literature section manually and finding the letters.

One other thing to consider not knowing what model or year the heater was built for. Any predetermined knockout locations in the firewall as was used in some years may not be present or if they are, may not be in correct locations for that heater. Make sure there is clearance in the engine compt for all holes needed in the firewall for hoses to bend or clamp or to reach or clear mounting bolts where you want to install the heater. Have seen a few heater installs where a hole location ended up in apparently a surprise place.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 15:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved