Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

John Wogec, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55 V8 valve cover gaskets?
Just popping in
Just popping in

Michael Berard
See User information
Hi everyone. Tried to get a set of gaskets to put a new chromed set of valve covers on my Caribbean but Napa doesn't even list the 55. Couldn't find anything in the crossover parts section and on forum searchs Is there a crossover? Thanks. Mike

Posted on: 2009/2/18 13:53
 Top  Print   

Re: 55 V8 valve cover gaskets?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Hi,

I bought several sets of the new design cork-and-neoprene composition rocker cover gaskets and could let you have a pair for $25, including priority mail. I'm in Spokane, so USPS would be 1-2 days.

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2009/2/18 14:09
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Michael Berard
See User information
Thanks, I appreciate that but I was hoping for a Napa crossover as I have someone doing some work on the car today and tomorrow and it would be better for me if he did the work rather than me.
Mike

Posted on: 2009/2/18 14:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
There is Packard Parts X-ref available at this web site. Look to the rite of the screen.

No crossover has been found for the gaskets that i know of.

I'd go with the Jack Vines gaskets. I've never used them but he seems to know what he is doing and builds many Packard V8 engines. That's what i'd do.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 15:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I doubt you will find a cross over to anything at a local parts store. The reason is that the gaskets are a specific size, and are probably different that any other non-Packard application.

Common parts and simple round gaskets that common to other makes are the only things that you will find at a local parts store. For example tune-ups parts (condensors, coils, etc) as delco and auto-lite were common amongst manufactures. Same thing goes with brakes parts. Ditto with thinks like bearings.

But a Packard valve cover gasket is specific to a Packard engine. So it's not going to cross with anything.

Besides Jack's offer above, they are also available from the Packard part vendors, and also Best Gaskets makes them.

I have bought several gaskets from UltramaticDynamics.com and find there gaskets are top notch! They have one piece oil pan, transmission pan, and V8 valve cover gaskets.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 16:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My suggestion, sort of in a preemptive way, is that anyone who owns a Packard and plans to use it should invest ahead of time in a full gasket set. Sooner or later you'll use most if not all of them and be glad you had them on the shelf.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 16:21
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Michael Berard
See User information
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help. And Jack, I sent you a PM on getting a set of gaskets.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 23:40
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved