Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 six....master cylinder replacement and other dumb questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
The brakes on the 39 with all lines, wheel cylinders and shoes was done by prior owner. Then the car sat for several decades. I will go back over the system but the master is leaking. Has anyone out there switched to dual master cylinder . Seems possible...unlike the Caribbean.
Any hints welcome.
Second minor issue. I believe the firewall would have originally been done in flat black but I see shots of cars with firewall done to match the body color. If you do the second option would you also paint inner fenders and inside hood the body color?
I am dying the existing vinyl seats( will redo door panels) with product from Rub n restore. Will advise how well it works. The supplier did a test and it looks great.

Posted on: 2021/2/21 20:12
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 six....master cylinder replacement and other dumb questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Wheel cylinders can likely be bought new from NAPA. You'll need to do a little sleuthing on parts numbers, but I replaced all the cylinders on my '37 115C and my '40 110 from NAPA for under $20 each. The master cylinders were rebuilt with kits, under $15.

I don't think it would be that tough to switch to a dual cylinder; I may do it some day on mine. You'd need to fab up appropriate brackets, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

Posted on: 2021/2/21 22:42
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

JohnCobb
See User information
My '39 Six, purchased new by my father, had the firewall in body color and during my restoration the research seemed to show that it was correct. The inner fender panels were Black.

Posted on: 2021/2/25 21:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
All,
If/when you find part numbers for the 39 Six master cylinder kits, please share (and add to the Parts X Ref page).

Posted on: 2021/3/8 10:21
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved