Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 104

BigKev, Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

courtesy light
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bear
See User information
does anyone have a front door courtesy light(entire unit) that they would like to sell?

Posted on: 2021/12/19 10:46
 Top  Print 

Re: courtesy light
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...I was able to purchase one from Max Merritt a few years ago. I would give them a call.800-472-2573. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2021/12/19 10:53
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And if our vendors cannot help with the complete system, for anyone having a parts car I believe the front courtesy lamp assys with the rounded glass domes and the plunger door switches will be the same -- or at least easily be made to mount -- from any 1948-1954 parts car. The lamp sockets will have two wires and the door switches have 1 single terminal on the rear of the switch. What I do not know is if the holes for the switches were punched in all the door jambs and indicated or maybe covered with a knockout plug or will need to be drilled out.

The courtesy lights were an option on some models and other models only had one lamp assy. The wiring is frequently separate from other wiring and just laying on the bottom dash edge. There still might be difficulty in extracting the old wires if part is wrapped around or taped to the others. At the worst, if someone can only supply bare lamp assys and switches it should only take new wires and replacing the old style hard to find and usually expensive connectors with modern types.

Posted on: 2021/12/19 11:27
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bear
See User information
thx

Posted on: 2021/12/21 7:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I have some extras for 22-23 series left over at my toy box. clear lens, frosted lens?, more than one?

Posted on: 2021/12/21 16:42

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
For which year and model? I have quite a few from the 1951 and 1952 at my Oregon shop. Probably door jamb buttons too.

Posted on: 2021/12/21 16:54
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved