Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
23 user(s) are online (17 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 23

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: LED bulbs
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Being LEDs are somewhat directional, need some that shine to the side so wonder if the bulbs would fit and work under the original UV filters in the 48-50 clusters and if the extra briteness of the LED would help instruments with tired luminescent paint.

Maybe there could also be some UV bulbs obtained or if those are not available to fit, regular LEDs covered with new and hopefully improved UV filter material. Make a set of bulbs available as a kit for those cars. Not sure how easy it would be to remove the original filters with that approach though.

Posted on: 2022/1/25 16:08
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
This is a UK company. That will prolly put a wrinkle in things. You think California is over regulated!! Try the UK.

Posted on: 2022/1/25 17:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
The LED light people are based in the U.S., and they sell a housing to convert a sealed-beam to whatever bulb you want. I betcha there are a lot of those around from other vendors too. Note I haven't tried this myself, and I am not sure what one would do with the "parking" bulb spot, but it's there.

Semi-Sealed Beam Housing with parking bulb.

Posted on: 2022/1/25 17:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Don't forget to check Classic Auto Bulbs too as they have a selection of many that rather closely resemble the original bulbs. Unfortunately the original style #1133 is no longer available so the #63 with smaller glass must be used instead. The lighting is the same between them so it's only the cosmetics that differ.

Posted on: 2022/1/25 18:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
My LED substitutes for the 1154 bulbs arrived in good condition. I'm going to try putting them in later this morning, in spite of the cold.

Weather has sucked here lately.

Posted on: 2022/1/30 6:18
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
The LED light people are based in the U.S., and they sell a housing to convert a sealed-beam to whatever bulb you want. I betcha there are a lot of those around from other vendors too. Note I haven't tried this myself, and I am not sure what one would do with the "parking" bulb spot, but it's there.

Actual authentic-looking sealed beam LEDs (select Standard Economy Lens) are available too in both 6v and 12v but unfortunately the 6v is currently out of stock. I am on the Wish List and maybe if more of us clicked it, they would be encouraged to make more!

Posted on: 2022/1/30 13:19
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved