Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 94

29tons, JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Parting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Sorry, Don, What is an OP? Other People? Oregon Packard? Original Poster?

If you need brake parts, especially Packard brake parts, especially Henney or ambulance brake parts, call Jeff at Moose Motors, 707 792 9985. Actually he has brake parts for all kinds of older vehicles.

Posted on: 2022/5/21 20:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
You got it right, Joe, OP in internet lingo is Original Post or Original Poster.

Posted on: 2022/5/21 22:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Yep, new lingo thingies:

OP = original poster

ghosting = what the OP has done to this thread and Don.

The internet seems to encourage Human Distancing and in so doing seems to promote poor manners. And I'm beginning to remind myself of my grandfather.

Posted on: 2022/5/22 5:43
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
The second 1954 Henney true limousine with a divider window has now shown up on FB Marketplace in Cincinnati:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/334210605436468/

Posted on: 2022/5/23 12:31
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

tinhunter
See User information
Sory everyone, I wasn't getting any notifications about the post and I'm not on the forum very often.

Just responded to all PMs. Thanks!

I will check for the rear trim also. Still trying to get into the trunk.

Posted on: 2022/5/23 12:53
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

tinhunter
See User information
Regarding brakes - I will take some measurements and confirm whether the front spindles are different between the hearse and limo. My hearse is a 5413 LWB model. I need a front drum.

There is another LWB hearse nearby that I have had my eye on for years, but the price is just too high and it has no glass and incorrect wheels. This is turning into a complicated project LOL.

Posted on: 2022/5/23 12:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
They are not the same. I have both Henney and non-Henney and I can tell you that they are different. Spindles from a standard passenger car are likely the same as those on the limousine (I'm not sure about that) but the Henney's were far larger to handle the nearly or even over 3 ton weight. However, you've never said exactly WHICH Henney as the 5433 had a little more in common with passenger cars than did the 5413.

For getting into the trunk, if you can take out the ignition switch then remove the tumbler, the key code is stamped on it. The same key should fit the trunk and any locksmith can make a key from that code.

Posted on: 2022/5/23 17:00
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

tinhunter
See User information
That's actually my car on the facebook listing that Kevin posted - seller is using a photo of mine since the divider window car is still in the barn.

Trying to work a deal for it but it's also a rough car - about the same as mine.
It does have the rear body trim though.

Posted on: 2022/6/9 9:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

For getting into the trunk, if you can take out the ignition switch then remove the tumbler, the key code is stamped on it. The same key should fit the trunk and any locksmith can make a key from that code.

It's not the code they will use but the tumbler itself, assuming the keys are keyed alike. I thought even in the 30's doors/ignition and glovebox/trunk were paired as such though.

Posted on: 2022/6/9 11:48
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The trunk lock tumbler and the ignition tumbler may not be identical but the code is the definitive way to make the proper key for both. Making it from the tumbler, it may fit that lock but not necessarily the other!

Case in point was in trying to get into the trunk of my 1965 Imperial after I moved it to my Oregon shop and the key was missing so I had a key made from the glove box lock. However, the glovebox lock has fewer tumblers than does the trunk lock so, while the proper key made from the code would fit both, the one made for the glovebox would fit only the glovebox. (Feeling a bit foolish, that was about when I realized that I could put a battery into the car and press the button for the electric trunk release!)

Posted on: 2022/6/9 14:10
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved