Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Time for AirCon
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I need a louver for a 1958-59 Mark-IV Monitor AC evap shroud. These are very fragile. ez to remove. Only one screw holding it in the shroud. The Mark-Iv unit is used in my 56 Executive. One of mine is broken. It's the round louvre that is next but one from the right hand side in the pic. All six louvres are identicle and I'changeable.

Attach file:

jpg  (33.40 KB)
35_49e29eb771178.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/4/12 21:09
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Re: Time for AirCon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
PackardV8,
I don't have part you re looking for but I do have a question.

Are you using the original compressor or have you installed a later Sanden unit?
Bill

Posted on: 2009/4/12 22:28
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Keith, you may want to do a google search as I think someone is remaking those units now.

Posted on: 2009/4/12 22:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
This is what I found on eBay a few months back. Got it for the Pontiac Wagon. It's a swamp cooler. Similar to the ones that used to be attached to the window. This one sits on the transmission hump and runs off the cigar lighter. This will be our "cool breeze" for the summer in both cars. Put ice in the back with some water, turn it on and poor mans A/C

Attach file:

jpg  (80.62 KB)
1440_49e3841975bc7.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/4/13 13:27
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Remember those swamp coolers well-both the window type (now being repro'd) and one similar to yours over the hump.

Mine was sold by Western Auto. Square, metal, one speed, unidirectional vent and only took water since opening was a little door that flipped out --too small for much else.. Had a little valve you could supposedly drain tank with--ha.

Made the inside of car feel like a swamp for sure--moist, dank, humid, + any other name you think of. Only marginally cooler until the humidity got so bad you had to open a window to let the swamp out---then with window open the hot air came in---a lose-lose proposition.

If yours takes ice, at least you're halfway there.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 15:41
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
This one was marketed by Sears & Roebuck. I can't imagine it will make alot of difference with my actual climate, But it is a "cool" piece of automobile inventions if days gone by...

It does take ice, has built in bottle opener on the side (see pix), a place for maps in the front and a small "ice chest" for those tasty road soda's (Rainier-PBR?)

Posted on: 2009/4/13 16:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
My 56 Executive came to me with the M-IV evap and one hose,Low side and crank pulley.

For compressor and condensor i used a 84-86 Toyota pump, bracket and condensor. Made an engine bracket out of steel plate that mounts identicle to and resembles the 56 Packard factory bracket. Mounted the Toyota bracket to the home made bracket.

I think the Toyota pump is sanden i just can't remeber. A BETTER pump would be the late 60's - late 70's GM pump and i'm currently working (rather 1/2 heartedly) at comming up with mounts for the GM pump on my mock-up engine.

THE PROBLEM is finding a condensor big enuf that will fit the front of the horse collar without drilling any holes or otherwise butchering the Packard platform in the area.

Fitting condensor is the biggest problem. Also the evap ththat sets on the trans tunnel presents problems with the glove box door. It opens just fine and wide enuf but not all the way down to allow me to mount the "legit" cup holder i have for it.

I like cup holders. Altho the original cup holder for Packard is a bit shallow.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
TJ. Who made your Pontiac swamp cooler????

Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:06
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
I will have to go out and look. I was marketed by Sears. I will look in the morning and post it then for you. I brought it in to photo then took it back out to the work shop.

cheers!

Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
FWIW, I've got a couple of OEM Lehigh compressors, brackets and pulleys as well as an aftermarket York compressor and bracket. If anyone is interested, check with me at PackardV8@comcast.net.

thnx, jack vnes

Posted on: 2009/4/13 22:01
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved