Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
34 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Mirrors
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Do these mirrors appear similar to the oem mirrors for 55 56 Packards Accessories booklet picture no help for comparison
https://www.ebay.com/itm/312287223372?hash=item48b5c4de4c:g:50IAAOSwMvtZSrzZ&

Posted on: 2022/9/28 8:51
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Re: Mirrors
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Probably as close as you will find commercially available today. I know several have used mirrors made for the mid 50s Chevys and those might be the same ones. Similar in shape to Packards but can't see much detail on the mounting screws. The originals only had one small hole and mounted by using a screw thru a separate bracket positioned backwards. Those appear to be similar only the screw head is on the outside.

With NOS and I think the repros once made by the company that still does high end hood ornaments being long gone maybe the next best option. Won't say for sure but isn't the seller old.parts a multi brand or specialty parts store owned or run by one of the Kanter family?

EDIT: Here is the original install diagram which I was reminded was originally posted by O_D. Apologies for not remembering where it came from to credit him.

Attach file:

jpg  55-6 Mirror template.jpg (230.19 KB)
209_633464ae53342.jpg 1920X1296 px

Posted on: 2022/9/28 10:14
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
There was a good bit of discussion about these mirrors some time ago, when I brought then up as an alternative:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13898&post_id=213390#forumpost213390

Fine by me for a driver, but I wouldn't recommend them for a car like Randy's Caribbean.

Posted on: 2022/9/28 19:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
Do these mirrors appear similar to the oem mirrors for 55 56 Packards Accessories booklet picture no help for comparison

I have a pair either from this or another seller and they’re very lightweight and low quality. Even the grommet is just plastic.

Posted on: 2022/9/29 0:33
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved