Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 232

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Server Outage
Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
I think it's afraid your gonna try to get kev to let you take over so you can modify it! It read your blogs and thinks your gonna chop on it and soup it up! that's why its the only site that gives YOU trouble! it's afraid! it's try to keep you from get'n in!

"im afraid eric, eric what are you doing? eric, please don't touch that. we can work this out eric. ericcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc...................."

that's hal9000 best as i can remember!

Posted on: 2009/5/11 18:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I am having a problem when it comes to opening pdf files in the literature and manual section. When I click on a subject matter it switches screens then I get a white screen that says done at the button and just stays blank.

Yet if I right click and save as a target item and down load to my computer I have no trouble with opening the pdf file. Can someone please help me.

I am running windows vista home edition. I have tried to downloading adobe 9, but after I try downing loading it. I get a window that pops up and reads corrupt file or another window will pop up and reads failed to load core ddl.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/5/11 20:27
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
John-

When you click on the link directly you are loading the entire document into the browser. This is where you rely on the browser's connection to a PDF viewer. You should try reinstalling the newest PDF viewer which is 9.1. It's over 40 megs so give it plenty of time to download; you may be interrupting the download giving you those funky error messages.

Actually the best way is to right click and save as... just like you mentioned. Some of Kevin's files are MANY megabytes.

-Carl

Posted on: 2009/5/11 20:48
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
John,

I would actually expect you to get that white screen if you simply click on the PDF link. As you are trying to view the PDF over the internet. So basically your browser has to download a majority of the file before it can start to view it. So if you click on a 25 meg PDF. The white screen you are seeing is the broswer trying to download the file so it can view it. If you are on dial-up, or slow connection, then this may take a long time. This is not a website issue, but a file size vs. download bandwidth issue. I bet if you waited for the website to download the entire file, that eventually the white screen would disappear, and the document would view. Hence why at the bottom of every Article I have the note about right clicking and downloading it to your PC for viewing.

If the software support world I would refer to this problem a NFF. No Fault Found. Ticket closed.

Posted on: 2009/5/11 23:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev, don't know if it's on your end or mine, but all of sudden the pages sure load slowly. Using Windows XP and Internet Explorer.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 15:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved