Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Database/listing of Dietrich Body Numbers
Just popping in
Just popping in

Pinbackman
See User information
My understanding is that Packards with Dietrich bodies "might" have a Dietrich Body Number tag on them somewhere. If one exists on the body, where are they generally located? I saw one model that had it mounted under the passenger seat.

Is there a "Dietrich Body Number database" (or listing) that indicates the Dietrich Body Number, the make, the model, the year, the body style, etc? When Dietrich created a new body, did he sequentially number them? Are lower body numbers considered earlier chronologically than higher numbers? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2022/11/3 15:36
 Top  Print 

Re: Database/listing of Dietrich Body Numbers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
That is true, but I don't know when the practice ended and whether or not it was consistent. Dietrich himself was out of his own company by 1930. Here is an example.

Attach file:

jpg  Dietrich.jpg (24.02 KB)
373_6365061a71f46.jpg 359X241 px

Posted on: 2022/11/4 7:31
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Pinbackman
See User information
Thanks Tim. I assume the photo you uploaded was from a car you own. Can you tell me where this tag was located on your car and what type of year/make/mode it is?

Posted on: 2022/11/4 8:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Another example. Dietrich # plate was under the carpet by the front passenger seat. Note the body identified as a 12th Series, car completed and sold as a 14th Series. Theft-proof number is in the 1935 range.

Attach file:

jpg  Sals Twelve.jpg (139.31 KB)
177_63655c92eda68.jpg 948X1198 px

Posted on: 2022/11/4 9:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I don't own anything and not planning to given they keep talking about destroying Social Security and Medicare. That money is staying liquid. Over 15% of my lifetime earnings went into those programs. That's a pretty big lump sum check with interest. I could buy a Duesenberg with it.

For those 35-37 cars I don't know if they put any on the eight cylinder cars. A few eight cylinder cars ended up with V-12 trim and they had them.

Posted on: 2022/11/5 9:01
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Similar plates on 36-37 120 "Dietrich" convertible sedans. Forward of passenger front seat on floor, and brass tag lower right cowl.

Posted on: 2022/11/5 9:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
Here is a pic of the plate, under the carpet, front passenger side, on our 1937 Super-Eight Convertible Sedan.

Attach file:

jpg  Dietrich Plate.JPG (76.11 KB)
441_6367bb547e7b9.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2022/11/6 8:50
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved