Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
39 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 38

ElGroucho, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Notifications
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I've identified one issue that causes part of the delay that sometimes happens when adding a new post or replying to a post. It has to do with the website having to send out 100s of notifications by either email or private message to those that have subscribed to notifications on specific threads or forums.

Looking at the database, there are 1000s of users subscribed, but some of those users are inactive (IE haven't logged in over a year) or are users that have gone to great garage in the sky.

So just to weed out all that extraneous activity that is happening, I have reset everyone's notifications to disabled. If you want to continue to receive notifications, just edit your user profile and then set the "Notification Method" back to email or private message. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was the only way to bulk-weed those old accounts out.

Posted on: 2022/12/6 14:39
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: Notifications
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also, this helps to weed out the bad email addresses that people may still have associated with their profiles.

I've already noticed that the "posting" appears much faster.

One note, when submitting a post with photos, there will always be a delay, as it's checking and resizing photos as needed.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2022/12/6 14:56
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That's a good way to do it. I still see my notification check boxes are checked, though, so have you done it already? The only ones I have checked are for my own blogs (unless there are old leftovers that I missed).

Posted on: 2022/12/7 20:00
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Check the setting I called out in the post above. It's in your profile settings, it covers how you get notified. Not what you want to get notified about.

Posted on: 2022/12/7 21:45
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
How long are we logged in for now? I'm still plagued with "exceeded the time" on some posts but not others? In the past you could re-login on the post but that's no longer possible?

Invalid submission. You could have exceeded session time. Please re-submit or make a backup of your post and login to resubmit if necessary.

Posted on: 2022/12/8 10:55
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
I Keep trying to change my old email address but it won't let me delete the old one and post a new one and this is under edit account??? I am not very good at this stuff at 85years old.

Posted on: 2022/12/8 11:37
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jim,

Usually, when I get this, I can just hit submit again and everything just works.

This happens when I start a post, then get distracted by something, and then let 30 mins or longer go by before I finish it.

Posted on: 2022/12/8 11:51
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Gary, send me a PM with the info you want to change and I can do that for you.

Posted on: 2022/12/8 11:51
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
Check the setting I called out in the post above. It's in your profile settings, it covers how you get notified. Not what you want to get notified about.

Yes, I did that first per your instructions and it was still enabled.

Posted on: 2022/12/8 13:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
How long are we logged in for now? I'm still plagued with "exceeded the time" on some posts but not others? In the past you could re-login on the post but that's no longer possible?

I don’t get those errors often anymore but I did get one the other day. As I have to log in constantly anyway, I had just logged in and wrote a single sentence and got the error when posting. I had to log out, then log back in and it was fine for the posts after that.

Posted on: 2022/12/8 13:36
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved