Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Bob Aller
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Passed away quite suddenly yesterday. He had been in and out of the hospital over the last couple of months, and was quite weak and surprisingly frail. I just spoke with him a week or so ago and he sounded very weak. I'm sure those of us in the V8 community will miss him greatly.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 23:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Bob Aller
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'm sorry to hear of Bob's passing. He will be missed in the world of Packardom.

Posted on: 2009/5/3 4:46
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Bob will be sorely missed, a fine gentleman and one of a sadly dwindling number who had direct employment links back to PMCC. Many a Packard out there giving happy service to it's owner which benefitted from Bob's advice and touch.

Posted on: 2009/5/3 6:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Sad news for all of us, but particularly the V8 owners. Bob had rebuilt my oil pump in the Caribbean. He was easy to talk to and willing to spend time and explain his rebuilding technique.

Posted on: 2009/5/3 8:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Bob only one time, at the 2008 Texas Packard Meet in Salado. He gave one of the technical presentations. He also got the award for a participant who drove the longest distance. His grandson accompanied him on the trip, and won one of the big door prizes. In our conversation he talked about a problem dealer in Montana that he had to deal with when he first started his career with Packard as a "Road Man". I mentioned to him that there was a '56 Packard at the show that still had that Montana dealer's emblem on the trunk. Quite a coincidence. I was looking for him at this year's meet but learned that he was ill and could not attend. I was impressed with his manner and knowledge. He had a real enthusiasm for Packards.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 12:07
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
I learned of bob's passing today. I am saddened by his passing. I knew him when i was a member of m.a.p. i am in the process of rejoining "my packard families" (m.a.p. & lone star) and was looking forward to seeing bob again. I know such is life, but it is too bad he could not bee around for branson.

Bye Bob, see ya on the other side.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 18:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Here is Bob's notice from the Kansas City Star.

Robert H. Aller, Kearney, Mo., passed away at home on Friday, May 1, 2009. Visitation will be held at the Kearney United Methodist Church on Saturday, May 9, 2009, starting at 10:30 a.m., to be followed by memorial services at noon. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to City Union Mission, 1100 E. 11th St., Kansas City, MO 64106, or to the Kearney United Methodist Church. Robert was employed by Packard Motor Car Company from 1950 through 1957, and then worked for Ford Motor Company until his retirement in 1985. An avid post-war Packard enthusiast, he pursued his hobby with a passion and made countless friends along the way. Robert is survived by his wife, Doris Aller; three sons, Robert and wife Terri Aller, John Aller, and Chris and wife Rebecca Aller; son-in-law Ron and wife Cindy Brown; four grandchildren, Shawn, Connor, Avery, and Zachary, and four great grandchildren. Robert was a member of the Kearney United Methodist Church, Mid-America Packard Club, American Legion Post 405 and a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason. Online condolences may be expressed at www.amosfamily.com. (Arr.: The Amos Family Chapel of Shawnee, 913- 631-5566.)

Posted on: 2009/5/6 9:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information

Posted on: 2009/5/6 10:35
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
So sorry to hear this. Bob was a true Champion of Packard automobiles and his great efforts on behalf of V-8 Packards helped offset the bad rap given these cars at the time of their first life and as they became collectable.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Has anyone stepped in to continue Allers pump rebuilding service???

Posted on: 2009/12/16 9:18
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved