Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 219

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

245/282/356/288/327/359 thermostat gaskets
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Made two of these of 1/16th inch neoprene cork instead of the usual 1/32" gasket material, thinking my '47 Super Clipper's gooseneck base had a leak. Turned out to be from the pipe above running a hose to the rear core plug to help coolant flow rear of engine, per a late friend with a '47 Custom, our new brass water distribution tubes notwithstanding.

This pipe probably overkill. Tightened it, voila. A lifelong multiple Packard owner says he's never seen such arrangement on a Packard, but has on Chrysler straight eights. You?

Send me five bucks and I'll mail one of these lovelies to you, otherwise they'll just be another bit I don't need.

Attach file:

jpg  Thermostat gaskets.jpg (162.20 KB)
1673_6473da31494ef.jpg 810X1080 px

Posted on: 2023/5/28 17:48
 Top  Print   

Re: 245/282/356/288/327/359 thermostat gaskets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Very nice. Olson's gaskets can supply these in cork too and their prices are excellent with fast service. One of them finally eliminated the leak on my 1954's aluminum head outlet!

Posted on: 2023/5/28 22:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Farm out, Donnie. Maybe Olson's will sell you one postpaid for....$4.90!

If you're t h a t hard up,
send me a self-addressed, stamped, padded manilla envelope and $4.75 and i'll send you one of these handcrafted gaskets it turns out i don't need. Just trying to save my fellow hobbyists some time and trouble.

Jaysus, i see the same posters on here day in, day out. When do you guys, you know, have lives, work on your cars?

Posted on: 2023/5/30 13:15
 Top  Print   
Dislike (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Snide comments and character assassination aside for a comment that wasn’t meant specifically to you but to the general Packard owner, Olson’s is a family owned and run business and deserve all the kudos they can get if we want them to be around to make the more complicated gaskets that can’t be hammered, chopped and chiseled out ourselves.

Actually, I order a lot of gaskets from Olson’s as my shop is about 700 miles away from were I live so I have to be sure that whatever I need for the next round of work is there waiting for me when I get there. If I had to stop to make a gasket whenever I needed one I would not get any of the actual work done. Shipping is amortized to next to nothing for each one when I order multiple gaskets at the same time. For special gaskets, I always supply a full description and model fitment so that the next person can order with confidence that it will fit their car.

Posted on: 2023/5/30 13:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
$4.75 for one of those??? That's highway robbery, superdooperpooperoverdrive.

You remind me of the girl I used to take to Mel's Drive In who remarked,"See that girl in the '57 Chev with the ponytail? She must LIVE here."
Why do you say that?
"Every time I'm here, she's here."

Posted on: 2023/5/30 15:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
For you, young Joe Santana, at the risk of robbing business from Olson's and the other starving Packard part vendors, $4.50.

Re: Your comment. A few minutes a couple times a week one thing, living on any site for hours daily another.

This is what i get for trying to help fellow hobbyists. Ay yi yi oy effing vey faith and begorrah.

Salud, paisan.

Posted on: 2023/5/30 19:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved