Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

The old guard is changing and young bucks are taking charge
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just read a comment at the PAC forum in a post on another subject that Fred and Dan Kanter had sold their business to a couple of Fred's sons. There was no mention of when it happened.

Still in the family and while I could be wrong, think they are one of the last of the original vendors that came into prominence when Packard went away. With Stude and Packard both gone there must not have been much factory buyback during the 60s so parts were being dumped or just put into storage by closed dealerships or those changing brands. A few people had the vision to see there could be a market for them and we are grateful they did.

Posted on: 2023/8/13 14:52
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: The old guard is changing and young bucks are taking charge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
That holy grail retirement thing is real, I've been doing it for quite a while now, ~15.
I think most of the left over NOS stocks were sold via auctions. Property and contents sales. I doubt much is left after 65 years. In fact the second time around has already been happening. aka dispersal. But other brand NOS still seems to pop-up, maybe larger starting stocks, but diminishing frequency. I know one NC guy that bought several trailer loads that way but he really hasn't released much, for his own consumption I guess. I asked but didn't get.
I've been toying with retiring from posting on auto sites to concentrate on the projects in anticipating relo. The slower I go...
One down, one to go - soon. Cancel culture is also rampant on some of these now. breaking habits is tough.
ps: a while back the Kanters were inventorying and rearranging stock so maybe was the anticipation of a sale/tax audit. I haven't seen any posts from them here lately.
Mixed messages on the classic business, some say booming, others waning, who you gonna believe? Auction results show soft but quality always sells and bring top $.

Posted on: 2023/8/15 10:01
 Top  Print   

Re: The old guard is changing and young bucks are taking charge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Good to hear that it is "staying in the family" and that a next generation is taking the wheel so to speak. I've gotten quite a few parts from them over the years.

Posted on: 2023/8/15 16:14
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved