Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 197

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Car show boards/posters
Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
I know I have seen some fairly basic info car show boards/posters people use but wondering if there are standards to the content, etc. or if it is just personal taste? I've only taken my car to one "small show" and didn't have anything at the time. I have since created one that I am at least likely to use for car gatherings (even if not acceptable for shows) but looking to not invest in a better quality board/material if I can't use it for all.

Attached is what I created-- you can probably tell my background/affinity is history so I have to include tidbits (these actually come from my collection of ads, etc.) and used photos of my car.

Thanks.

Attach file:

jpg  Packard_Poster_Final_sm.jpg (303.87 KB)
225785_64fa74c938eea.jpg 1280X1920 px

Posted on: 2023/9/7 20:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Car show boards/posters
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Anything you want to put on your show board is up to you. Informational is always good.

Less can be more as usually people with only look at it for a moments and usually just to see what the car is if they are not familiar it.

Here is the one for my 54.

Vistaprint can produce these on foam board for around $30-$40.

Attach file:

jpg  20230827_074918.jpg (281.51 KB)
1_64fa776dc4059.jpg 1920X864 px

Posted on: 2023/9/7 20:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
Totally get the less is better idea and I knew I was "pushing it" a bit and tried to account for that with design and blocking. I also did get this printed 24 x 36 on paper as a test and it actually doesn't come off as "busy" as it may on screen and not scaled so that was good to confirm visually.

Posted on: 2023/9/7 20:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
I composed 4 laminated side window cards that I place in the rear door windows. Two of the cards are all about the car, while the other two are historic for the year of the car. As an example, for my ’48 I have an entry about the ‘Dewey Wins’ headline, and for my ’54 Mamie Eisenhower christening the USS Nautilus. I notice many people read all 4 cards and will come and make comments . . . mostly about the history content.

dp

Posted on: 2023/9/7 22:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I'd say these are more appropriate at a general show than at a marque/CCCA/AACA meet.

Posted on: 2023/9/8 9:47
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
These are helpful when people don't know what a Packard is and think it was Hewletts business partner.

Posted on: 2023/9/8 12:10
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Laugh (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
Thanks for the feedback, all good points, examples and suggestions. I can see the car spec info being more apt for AACA type events so I just need to figure out my level of investment for each.

Posted on: 2023/9/8 19:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved