Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

WANTED Edmunds aluminum head
Just popping in
Just popping in

trimer1
See User information
Looking for an Edmunds aluminum head for my 1953 327. Thank you.

Posted on: 2023/10/11 12:37
 Top  Print   

Re: WANTED Edmunds aluminum head
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The last one I recall seeing for sale was $1200 and it went quickly. This was maybe early last year.

Happy hunting.

Posted on: 2023/10/11 13:56
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
They are rare. Good luck

Posted on: 2023/10/11 14:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Your best bet is to set up an eBay account that will tell you as soon as one has been listed. The AACA forum had one listed a year ago but no idea if it’s still available.

Posted on: 2023/10/11 16:00
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

trimer1
See User information
Looked around and it seems one comes out for sale once every year. Thanks for all the advice, hopefully one will show up.

Good thing is it is a relatively easy part to swap and I can get the engine running with the original head in the meantime

Posted on: 2023/10/12 19:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I saw some come to auction this summer, some large parts collection. I almost bid myself, but got enough clutter, lack of motivation, and pickup was too far. One of those I shoulda bought all the lots, but it was already in multiple storage units, so even the owner didn't have enough space and monthly fees accumulate faster than value. Once it's gone...
Ebay is a bit chaotic/hit and miss. You should plug into the auction network(s). I use proxy-bid.
Since aluminum, also have to check it thoroughly that it's still good. Won't see on a internet photo. Can repair cast aluminum if not too badly corroded. Never seen any numbers made, but doubt there were that many ever made, especially 4 P which was low production/not hotrod favorable.
The attrition rate may also be high. Period hot rod parts is a narrow niche, hoarded by period old timers. CA would be the place to search. Hot rod culture was hot and home there in the day. They have large parts swop meets regularly at some venues. East coast, Hershey / Carlisle twice a year but AACA mostly. There's a guy on here that hawks parts, ask him to be on look out.
It's even happening to modern vehicles. My friend needs a trim part for his foreign car that's obsolete. It's even harder to track those import parts. Internet has no update. Searching past posts often vapor.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 8:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

trimer1
See User information
I am based in CA actually. Where can I find when and where the part swap meets are? I would love to go and check them out. The part hunting makes it a lot more fun and rewarding. Thanks for the pointers.

Posted on: 2023/10/14 13:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Is Empire in El Paso still taking orders for their custom cast aluminum heads?

Posted on: 2023/10/15 13:27
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

trimer1
See User information
I did look into it but they seem to only sell cars now. But if anyone knows otherwise please let us know.

Posted on: 2023/10/15 13:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
It ain't an Edmunds, but over the last year I have come into possession of 2 of the 359 factory aluminum heads, and I'd be willing to part with one of them if you're in no hurry. The one I have with me has sat for 42 years and I need to flush all of the fasteners to make sure that they'll come apart as intended.

Let me know if you're interested.

Posted on: 2023/10/16 14:31
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved