Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Color Ultramatic Charts
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Does anyone happen to have a color scan of the few pages of schematics beginning p.129?https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/Ultramatic_part1.pdf

There are pictures in this ad put are unfortunately not great quality.https://www.autopaper.com/1950-packard-servicemans-training-booklet-ultramatic-drive-hydraulic-charts-24th.php

Posted on: 2023/10/13 12:03
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Re: Color Ultramatic Charts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The color charts for the 56 trans is in the 56 Twin Ultramatic supplement of service manual. The supplement starts on page 85 of the Ultramatic section and the charts start on page 90.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 12:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Thanks Howard, however I am looking specifically for the charts for the original pre-gear-start Ultramatic.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 13:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Check the Serviceman’s Training manual for Ultramatic which should have them (I don’t see it offhand) and if you can’t find it, I believe have a color scan that I can send or post next week once I’m back home and have checked that it’s the one you need. Currently I am up in the Sierra and should have remote access to my files but don’t for some reason!

Posted on: 2023/10/13 13:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
I think I have the color brochure that you are looking for. It is dated November, 1950.
I will get it scanned and post it here soon.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 13:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is the manual longjohn mentions and I think is what you are looking for.

I didn't check this book closely but there were some late valve revisions and one valve was completely eliminated that may still be in these early charts.

Attach file:

pdf ultram24th nov1950 copy.pdf Size: 738.18 KB; Hits: 59

Posted on: 2023/10/13 13:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Howard and longjohn, that is exactly right. My mistake if it's in the archive already and I did not see it.

Don, it is in that manual but the entire document is B/W which makes the schematics nearly impossible to understand.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 13:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
No, the one I was talking about was much shorter. In fact, I have one that is just the flow charts. I’m not sure which one Howard sent as I can’t open it here on my iPad using Firefox even though all the PDFs in the library do open.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 14:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
I’m not sure which one Howard sent as I can’t open it here on my iPad using Firefox even though all the PDFs in the library do open.

Don, It opens fine in Safari and Firefox on my Mac but only option is to download on iPad. Still opens fine in whatever the default reader is on the iPad. Did yours download or if not, have you tried downloading and opening it from the download folder in the files app?

Not sure how much software could be to blame but I am running the latest OS and app updates on all my devices. If you are running something very old that could be the issue. I believe TxGoat had a similar problem with opening some pdfs on his older equipt but the issue went away when he went to something newer.

Here is the cover of what I posted.

Attach file:

jpg  manual.jpg (64.64 KB)
209_6529a78699fbc.jpg 762X1062 px

Posted on: 2023/10/13 15:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I am running the latest there is for my old iPad and yes, I can open it in Downloads but it’s an extra step and I have only so much memory on this device so don’t want to download something I don’s actually need. As for the reason and as a Web programmer, it is something to do with the Xoops site software and how it creates links within threads that somehow differs from the way they are created in the literature section although I can’t imagine what that difference might be. It’s related to a tag called disposition which dictates what to do with a link.

Anyway, yes, that is the document I was talking about.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 15:36
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved