Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 204

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1954 Packard Convertible
Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
Yes, title is signed/executed properly. Willing to send a photo to any serious buyer. I would also be willing to sell on the condition that the title can be transferred to the new owner. (Would have to work out the logistics of that as I wouldn't send the title without receiving payment first!)

Posted on: 2023/11/1 11:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
In addition, be sure to get a notarized short certificate for whoever is deceased on the title. This is required to title in some states, where the signatory on the title is not the name on the title.

Posted on: 2023/11/1 15:03
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
Thanks. Nobody is deceased on the the title. The titled owner is the family trust. The trustee who signed it is alive.

Posted on: 2023/11/1 15:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I live in a state (Connecticut) that does not require or issue a title for vintage cars (20 model years old or older). This is from the State of Connecticut DMV website:

When a title isn’t needed
Titles aren’t required in all circumstances. Exceptions include:

Vehicles more than 20 model years old. This letter can be used as proof of title exemption
Special mobile equipment
Any trailer having a gross weight not in excess of 3,000 lbs.
A snowmobile or ATV
Vessels older than the year 2017.
Additional information can be found online or by calling 860-263-5710.

I am thinking of selling my car and would like to post it on this website. It sounds like the CT title policy could create significant problems for buyers in certain other states. Has anyone bought a Packard from CT and run into issues getting it registered and titled where required?

Posted on: 2023/11/1 15:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Quote:
am thinking of selling my car and would like to post it on this website. It sounds like the CT title policy could create significant problems for buyers in certain other states. Has anyone bought a Packard from CT and run into issues getting it registered and titled where required?

If you have the correct paperwork to transfer ownership in Connecticut, I would think that would be sufficient to transfer ownership in most other states. I recently purchased a car in Maryland which, if I remember correctly, requires only the current registration and a bill of sale to transfer ownership for older cars. When I brought the car home to Ohio (a state that demands a title for all vehicles) the local BMV was well versed on the requirements in force in other states and accepted the Maryland paperwork and issued an Ohio title with no questions asked. (Of course, they couldn't figure out what a Packard Clipper was...but that's a whole different issue...)

Good luck with your sale.

Posted on: 2023/11/1 22:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Thanks for the info. My Packard is currently registered in CT and I have a valid registration certificate, so I assume a potential buyer would not run into any problems with their state's DMV.

Posted on: 2023/11/2 7:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
Happy New Year! Price dropped to $23,000.

Posted on: 1/2 14:37
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

1954PackardConvertible
See User information
The car is SOLD.

I would have preferred it stay in The USA but it is going to Brazil.

Thanks to all who contributed info!

Posted on: 1/23 18:54
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved