Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 197

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Source for replacement elements for our glass bowl gas filters
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Our NAPA no longer stocks these. AutoZone carries them online but not in reality.
Hot Rod Part Shop, 1836 Arnold Industrial Place, Concord, CA 94520 (925) 222-1989 does, both modern pleated paper and original ceramic, for a song. Proprietor Brent is a savvy, upbeat gent.

I know. Most of us are not rodders or even care for such other than some of the craftsmanship, a late friend whose '37 Delahaye took BOS at 2000's Bauble Beach told me if we're splitting hairs, that at the Oakland Roadster Show eclipsed what's usually seen at Bauble Beach, as Tim Cole succinctly sums that janitorial d' non-elegance of ego and credit line that, along with vaunting Duesenbergs beyond all else, has done more than anything to second-tier all else in this fine autoholicism of ours.

But anyone who can help us keep our unbutchered survivors on the road gets a thumbs up in my book. Tell Brent that Mike, '47 Packard, Walnut Creek sent you.

Attach file:

jpg  fuel filters paper & ceramic.jpg (115.50 KB)
newbb_653c8cdf83935.jpg 810X1080 px

jpg  Filter bowl.jpg (58.70 KB)
1673_653c8fc733b21.jpg 810X1080 px

Posted on: 2023/10/27 23:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Source for replacement elements for our glass bowl gas filters
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just curious if the Wix filter fits both filter units that Packard used. Some used in the 50s have a fairly small glass bowl and that size element is the one that seems to be harder to find. It was once reported Tractor Supply carried them for use in a particular tractor that used the same small filter but I was never able to find them.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 8:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Source for replacement elements for our glass bowl gas filters
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I found the gasket and ceramic filter on amazon for the carter filters. Dell

Posted on: 2023/10/28 11:52

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved