Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

MVS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bob Zimmerman - RIP
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Bob Zimmerman passed away on November 25th at the age of 87. He was a long-time member of both The Packard Club and Packards International. For many years he was the director and the editor of the Mid-West Region of PI in Akron, Ohio. Bob had one of the largest Packard postcard collections around, and was a frequent presence at various swap meets.

I have copied the obituary, below, and have attached a photo I took of Bob in 2000 with his 1954 Patrician in Warren, Ohio, as the photo that goes with the obituary is rather bad. He will be greatly missed.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/obituaries/pwoo0641036

Attach file:

jpg  Zimmerman, Bob 2000 (SRB).jpg (268.99 KB)
1445_656801e582d45.jpg 749X1050 px

Posted on: 2023/11/29 22:31
 Top  Print   
Sad (3)

Re: Bob Zimmerman - RIP
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mopar_Earl
See User information
My condolences

Posted on: 2023/11/29 22:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
This is a tremendous loss to the Packard hobby. Bob was the most knowledgeable collector and seller of Packard literature that I ever met. He also donated a large collection of Packards ads to this site.

My first dealing with Bob was back in the 70s, shortly after I discovered my father's retired 56 Executive hardtop sitting in a field. After seeing his ad in Cars & Parts magazine, I wrote to inquire about a sales brochure, which would be my first Packard purchase. To my delight, the brochure that Bob sent bore the ink stamp of the dealer, Bell Motors, where my dad worked and purchased the car, brand-new.

It would be a good 15 years before I actually met Bob at his table at the wonderful Perrysburg meet and told him about that coincidence.

Any time he spotted me at a swap meet, he would walk right up and shake my hand like he had known me forever. One year at Hershey, he asked, "by the way, what club do you belong to?" When I replied, "PAC", he replied "well I belong to PI - I shouldn't even be talking to you." Knowing he belonged to both clubs, we both bust out laughing. Nicest guy in the hobby.

Godspeed Bob Zimmerman.

Posted on: 11/30 10:08
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

BlakesPackards
See User information
From a new member, I really appreciate you sharing this sad news. My devoted hobby feels a little more special this morning.

Posted on: 11/30 11:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Bob was a terrific, helpful gent, the real article. A most genuine and enthused hobbyist and steward of history.

Bob sounded young, timeless. Couldn't agree more w/ the above posters, and BlakesPackards well sums it; the hobby feeling smaller on learning the above. Losing such keepers of the flame akin to loss of the factory itself.

Caramba. Godspeed Robert Zimmerman.

Posted on: 11/30 14:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Rest in peace, Bobby Z.

Posted on: 11/30 17:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved