Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 132

39Rollson, 54Les, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Clutch suppliers
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Dave, thanks. This is important information to those of us with the 356 cu. in. engine, and maybe the other eights and six as well.

Posted on: 2009/5/31 14:17
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
John, When (if?) I eventually manage to get the transmission reinstalled I do plane to do a write up for anyone else with a 356 engined Clipper who may be contemplating doing transmission or clutch work. I am in the process of having the clutch rebuilt and when that's complete in a few days I will tackle the transmission remounting.

Posted on: 2009/5/31 22:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Dave does the 46-47 have a large floor pan that can be removed after flipping up the carpet? The 48-50 Packards have this and it saved a lot of muscle when I was installing a stick w/OD. I had a friend sit in the center of the seat and lift the tranny with a fan belt. It was not a great strain for him to sit and hold it in that cradle while I guided it in from below. Saved a lot of muscle power.

Posted on: 2009/5/31 22:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Randy, Yes the floor has an inspection plate under the carpet. I have been thinking of using a "cherry picker" and reach in through an open door but I am going to try the transmission jack first. A fan belt etc. would work also if I could convince someone to come help me. Clutch and pressure plate are being rebuilt now so when it all comes together I will let you know how I made out.

Posted on: 2009/6/1 11:42
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved