Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
54 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 52

humanpotatohybrid, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

51 Packard 300
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Good morning !
Anyone out there parting out a Packard 300 with a title ?
Looking for 51 300 parts... TIA

Regards,
My07Bobber

Posted on: Today 9:24
 Top  Print   

Re: 51 Packard 300
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Hi Mark, let us know where you are located. Are you looking to buy an entire car for parts, or just some parts and which ones?

Posted on: Today 9:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
I'm in Texas. Looking for pieces, parts. Are you parting one out ?
Immediate need is, a trunk latch assembly. The part that gets turned by a key. I don't need the lock and key, just the part that bolts to the inside of the trunk lid.

Posted on: Today 10:21
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Broken coil spring on that?

Posted on: Today 11:02
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
I have a 53 Patrician parts car for my 53 Cavalier, but I'm in Alberta, so a bit far away. There should be someone more local. You can check the parts book, find the part number for the part/s you need, and see what all models and years they fit. Many parts would have been used on different models and years.

Posted on: Today 11:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Mark Stivers wrote:
I'm in Texas. Looking for pieces, parts. Are you parting one out ?
Immediate need is, a trunk latch assembly. The part that gets turned by a key. I don't need the lock and key, just the part that bolts to the inside of the trunk lid.

Need for a latch also came up a couple of years ago and some details are in another post. Some time in 51 they changed the lid latch assy to a different style and the two capture mechanisms do not operate the same way. The different latches also had a different body striker part.. If you get the wrong lid part to what is in the body I do not know if the two will be compatible. If your lid part is missing entirely you may need to post a photo of the body part so those with parts cars can see which style their car might have or else be sure to get both pieces.

I do remember reading of the reason for the change and two latches are mentioned in the parts book as Don posted in the older linked post. I still have not found a service bulletin or article with details so what I remember reading might have been called out by an author in one of the history of Packard books.

Posted on: Today 11:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You'll need to see if you have the earlier type as shown here or the later type which has a more secure loop. They have different latches on the lid. I parted out both a 1951 300 and a 1952 Patrician so SHOULD have the latch but the last time I looked I was unable to locate it. Try Mike a Tucson Packards as I'm sure he has one once you determine the type you need.

Attach file:

png  1951_Packard_Early_Latch.png (123.88 KB)
60923_6696bc99d2ef1.png 401X244 px

Posted on: Today 13:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved