Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 247

Eric Voigt, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Removing 1940 headlight trim strip
Home away from home
Home away from home

series014
See User information
I am trying to remove a 1940 headlight trim strip. This is the one which goes on the top of the Headlight (from the front of the headlight to the back of the headlight). There are no fasteners inside the headlight like earlier models. Does anyone know how to remove this trim strip? Thanks

Posted on: Today 13:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Removing 1940 headlight trim strip
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
It snaps on over a raised flange on top of the headlight bucket.
Pry carefully with a narrow putty knife to remove, starting from the rear. and working towards the front

Posted on: Today 14:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As BDeB said, it pries off and much care must be taken to avoid damage to it or the headlight’s paint. I always thought it was an odd way to attach it but it was very secure the way it was done. They were obviously not thinking of it ever needing to be removed again!

Posted on: Today 14:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

series014
See User information
That worked! Since my light had some rust in that area, glueing the stainless to the steel, I found penetrating oil helped loosen the stainless. Thanks again for your help.

Posted on: Today 17:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved