Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 75

29- 640 Club Sedan, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bumpers & Grille
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Last month I pulled my rear bumper and gave it a bit of an overhaul. Now I'm working on the front bumper and grille. Things are not perfect and I'm not expecting to get an invite to Pebble Beach, but it is perfectly acceptable for a driver.

I'm okay with a few imperfections/character and like to make things look as good as they can, but not okay with rust and corrosion. It's a good opportunity to clean my radiator as well!

One day all this will come back off again for some body repairs all around the bottom of the car. (Rear fenders, inner and outer rockers and front fenders.)

Click to see original Image in a new window

I cut the nuts off the capped bumper bolts so I could rescue and reuse them.

This is as deep as I'm going for on this project.

Have a bit of cleaning and polishing to do!

This is just after cleaning, it'll look even better after polishing. Pretty good for 71 years old!

Posted on: Today 9:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Bumpers & Grille
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
looks good in pictures. Chrome is a bad thing to start if you get one nice piece the rest looks bad and you go down the mission crepe road. On another note I paint the back side of my bumper usually silver not sure if does any good on preserving but makes me feel better and no body can see it hope it helps seal pot metal parts

Posted on: Today 10:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I use silver too and, in fact, the paint I use says it has actual stainless steel it it.

Posted on: Today 10:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
In hindsight painting the inside silver would have been better. Used black Por-15 when I did the rear bumper, so did the same for the front. "Next time" I'll use silver.

Posted on: Today 12:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved