Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Fairfield County Concours d'Elegance
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dear colleagues at the Packard info,

I thought this would be of interest for you at the Packard Info and we would very much appreciate a mention on your website.

For the first time ever, all seven of the Packard Concept Cars ever built, will be on display at one single spot. The extensive collection of noted New Jersey Packard collector Ralph Marano will be joined by the example he does not own, the Packard Predictor, from the National Studebaker Museum in Indiana.

Attached please find a short and a long text about this extraordinary event at the Fairfield County Concours d'Elegance in Westport, CT, on the weekend of September 12 and 13, 2009. We appreciate an information to your readers/viewers and a mention in your events calendar whereever possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any inquiries.

Axel E. Catton
President

Please see attached PDF for press release and information.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 234.90 KB; Hits: 67

Posted on: 2009/6/2 14:06
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Fairfield County Concours d'Elegance
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If anyone attends I would appreciate photos for the website. I think this is the first time all these Packard Concept cars and Show cars will in the same place in a long long time.

Posted on: 2009/6/2 14:13
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Fantastic news!

Posted on: 2009/6/2 14:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes Kev, I attend this Concours and exhibited last year (34 Eight). I've posted pictures of several of Ralph Marano's concept cars on this website in the past, though not the Balboa, Panther or Request. Ralph's restorations are all absolutely stunning, as is his showroom. I'll get pictures.

REVISED - just realized I'll be away on PAC tour at that time, so perhaps someone else from CT or NY/NJ can get pictures. What a shame to miss that event, but you can't be two places at once. PS - one of Ralph's Panthers is the ex-Kanter Bros. car.

Posted on: 2009/6/2 15:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
fantastic gathering.
A little hyperbole though in "all 7 concept cars .ever built." The 1940's 'brown bomber" and "1930's MacCauley Speedster, in multiple versions each,are well documented but I believe gone. Also, the Car of the Dome still exists, as does the FWD prototype

Posted on: 2009/6/2 15:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ralph's 52 MacCauley Phantom II.

Attach file:

jpg  (91.91 KB)
177_4a25c71aa2fca.jpg 1024X683 px

jpg  (97.39 KB)
177_4a25c733a31de.jpg 1024X681 px

jpg  (106.30 KB)
177_4a25c74f6bc0f.jpg 1024X683 px

Posted on: 2009/6/2 19:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Not only will the 1931 V-12 fwd prototype and the Car of the Dome be missing from this show, so will the only surviving 1953 Monte Carlo. The picture below was published in the July-September 2008 issue of North Atlantic Packard's "Pelican Papers". According to the article in the "PP", the car was delivered to a restoration shop in 2004 "in absolutely deplorable condition". The owner of the car did NOT want to be identified. At the time of the article, the car was about 90% complete.

So - not every concept car will be there...

Attach file:

jpg  (120.97 KB)
1445_4a25e02ccb401.jpg 1145X611 px

Posted on: 2009/6/2 21:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There are several other vintage photos of that Monte Carlo (there were 2 built) on this website, but that photo is one I've not seen before. Thanks for posting.

Posted on: 2009/6/2 22:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The 53 Monte Carlo pictured above has a bit of, shall i say, inner city flare to it, does it not??? Strikes me as odd. That kind of rather cultural styling did not really come into vogue until about 1958 or 59.

Note the 3hree pointed star trim pieces added to the headlites ala Super Fly conversions of the mid 70's.

Posted on: 2009/6/3 5:01
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
before they were superfly, they were on European headlights - I'd guess that's the inspiration

Posted on: 2009/6/3 7:37
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved