Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
180 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 180

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

(1) 2 3 »

Review of Owner Registry entries
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
As part of my Packard obsessive/compulsive makeup I'm currently undertaking a review of what I term "obvious errors" in the Owner Registry. Basically this is confined to the initial identification fields of each entry being:
Year: 19xx
Series: xxth
Model Number: xxxx

I am reviewing the entries as listed and looking at those first three fields, just to try to gain some consistency so that, for instance, all 1956 Packards are listed as 1956 Packards and are not mis-identified as another year, and so on for 1955. 1954, 1953, etc, etc. Similarly for Series and Model Numbers. However if any of the Series and Model numbers fields are blank I don't raise that as an issue. Saying that, BigKev's recent changes to loading entries in the Owner Registry requires completion of these fields from drop-down lists so new entries won't have those blanks from now on anyway.

Working from the top of the Registry down, so far I have found 14 entries containing an "obvious error" in the first three fields and have sent PM's to 12 PackardInfo members as a result covering 13 of the entries. The 14th PackardInfo member is no longer in the member list so must have been purged when Kev did his clean-up some time ago. I'll PM Kev about that and any similar entries I find as I go along. That said I've done up to and including 1952, and will work through the rest over the next few days. So if you get a PM from "Ozstatman" I'm just trying to get a little housekeeping done so we can all benefit from an Owner Registry that is reasonably sequential.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 3:40
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com

Re: Review of Owner Registry entries
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Well, a few days stretched to a few weeks but I've finally made my way through the rest of the Owner Registry entries. This resulted in a further 15 PM's being sent to 14 PackardInfo members.

Of the PM's sent two weeks ago I've had responses and fixes for 4 of 12 sent. That left 8 and reviewing my PM Outbox those 8 haven't read the PM. Because of that I've also PM'd BigKev and asked him to perform the corrective action required. This won't alter the specific information entered by PackardInfo members but usually only change the Series field to something meaningful for the entry in question.

And a request of EVERYONE, please review your Owner Registry entries to update, include or correct them as the case may be.

Posted on: 2009/8/29 23:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Ozstatman wrote:.......And a request of EVERYONE, please review your Owner Registry entries to update, include or correct them as the case may be.

Am I creating a monster here? I see that one PackardInfo member has "added" another Owner Registry entry for their car. This isn't bad, because I rather see too many entries then be lacking in them, and it's easily fixable. There have been a fair number of duplicate entries over time and these when found are deleted after consulting with the PackardInfo member concerned. What intrigues me is that the PackardInfo member in this instance is one I PM'd yesterday about correcting the Series field for their entry. And that's OK too, BUT..... the PackardInfo member hasn't yet read the PM I sent! Hope he reads this first and then reads the PM I sent yesterday and the one I'll now send and realise the series of co-incidences is making my head spin!

Posted on: 2009/8/31 2:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Maybe you should stop bugging people about it.....

Posted on: 2009/8/31 11:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Mal,
Please keep bugging people about the Owner Registry. For some people, it is the only way we will ever know anything about their cars. I for one am very interested in knowing about their cars. Plus the banter between you and those who kid you about it like Turbopackman it is itself a source of amusement. Keep up the good work!!
kens53clip
Ken Dunning

Posted on: 2009/8/31 16:22
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
kens53clip wrote: Mal, Please keep bugging people about the Owner Registry. For some people, it is the only way we will ever know anything about their cars. I for one am very interested in knowing about their cars. Plus the banter between you and those who kid you about it like Turbopackman it is itself a source of amusement. Keep up the good work!!
kens53clip Ken Dunning

Ken,

Just like you I am interested in knowing about PackardInfo members cars. And, as you say, often the only things we know are in their Owner Registry entries with some of the stories very informative and interesting.
And despite the slings and arrows I must bear from Eric's constant attacks on my sanity and integrity , I will continue to encourage as many new PackardInfo members as possible to include their Packards in the Owner Registry!

Posted on: 2009/8/31 17:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I think some of this cleaning up may have been acquired while working at Wades shop. As I recall you were the king of cleaning once us old dogs form a habit its hard to break. Just kidding Mal glad you are working on the update any job you do and the updates are interesting reading.

Posted on: 2009/8/31 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I think some of this cleaning up may have been acquired while working at Wades shop.

I think some of the cleaning chemical's fumes may be causing Mal's delusions of grandeur concerning the Owner's Registry and it's contents.

Posted on: 2009/8/31 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Greetings Packard lovers.

A recent check this AM of the Owner Registry shows the Packard-ometer at 497 registered entries.

We will soon see the 'PInfo 500' roll up in the next week(?)

I am trying to remember. It seems it was around 200 just in Dec 2007 when I registered. Just a faint guess.

Take a peek for yourself:
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/

DanL

Posted on: 2009/9/24 5:32
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
41ParPack wrote:......I am trying to remember. It seems it was around 200 just in Dec 2007 when I registered. Just a faint guess. ....

Dan,

When I started this other thread,https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=768&forum=4 at the beginning of March '08 there were 129 in the Registry so there was probably about 110/115 at the end of Dec '07.

But we need more!

Come on - Add your Packard/s to the Owner Registry!

Posted on: 2009/9/24 5:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!

(1) 2 3 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved