Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 214

ScottG, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carter WCFB metering rods source?
Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
I am rebuilding a Carter WCFB and I have one incorrect metering rod. I need a 75-942. Does anyone know of a source for metering rods? I would replace both rods with a 75-987 which is the one size lean (high altitude here) if i could find any.

Posted on: 2009/9/26 21:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Carter WCFB metering rods source?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I have a bunch of NOS Carter parts including metering rods. Let me look through my stuff and see if I have any of the 75-987's or just one of the 75-942's. I won't know until Monday, as I've got a pretty full day planned for tomorrow.

Posted on: 2009/9/26 22:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've also got a half-dozen or more Carter metering rods, I'll take a look tomorrow AM and let you know what I find.

PS - sorry, looked but can't help on the metering rods. You might try Daytona Parts or Larry Isro if you can't find them elsewhere, and Hershey is just around the corner.

Posted on: 2009/9/26 22:32
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

MikeG
See User information
Hey-Any of you guys got a high idle cam and linkage for a WCFB? Mine was converted to hand choke at some point and all of that stuff was removed. I'd really like to set it back to right.
Thanks

Posted on: 2009/9/29 13:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I don't have any metering rods like the ones you need.

The only WCFB I have is a vacuum secondary model and I don't want to get rid of it.

Posted on: 2009/9/29 14:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
I have a bunch of NOS Carter parts

Eric, Do you have the spring that goes under the vacuum piston for the 1951 carb? Think the carb number is 728.
I have a spare I want to rebuild and keep in the car. It looks like the spring is about half as long as it should be comparing it to the one in the carb on the car now. Also need a needle and seat if you have one.

Thanks, Bob

Posted on: 2009/9/30 23:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Spring, I'm sure of. Needle and seat, most likely. If you know the part # of the needle and seat I can find it quicker.

Posted on: 2009/10/1 0:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Eric, I will send you a PM. Thanks, Bob

Posted on: 2009/10/1 15:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
Answering my own question: I found that Max Merritt has a good supply of WCFB metering rods. You have to call them and ask as the rods are not shown in their catalog. They even have the one size lean rods for higher altitude. $20 each.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 20:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved