Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: So I bought another Packard.....
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Scottie,
for including your '57 in the Owner Registry.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=603

Posted on: 2009/10/21 14:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Mr pushbutton, sorry, I wouldn't know how a Scotsman thinks, I usually call 'em my "sheep shaggin cousins". Truth be known, I'm of Irish decent, Boyo! Thanks for the info!

Posted on: 2009/10/21 17:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
To explain about the crush yard.... It was a cold, dark, rainy night. My sidekick and I were jack-jawin with this here feller... Anyway, the previous owner was in trouble with the town council (Do all politicians hate classic cars?) and either had to get rid of it by Wednsday (today) or face a $700 fine. Needless to say, he was in a hurry to sell. He was going to have it towed to a scrap yard if someone didn't buy. Well, I just couldn't let THAT happen, so here she is. Anyone interested?

Posted on: 2009/10/21 18:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Scott

While it surely needs a complete restoration, please don't be in a hurry to part it out. Speaking from a region of the country where all of those not restored have been ruined by rust, that solid car should be of interest to someone wanting to restore one. If the small amount to rust you describe is the extent of it, that's just about a miracle!

On the hatred of old cars by politician: that goes for the general public at large, unless the car is beautifully restored. Most people can't differentiate between an unrestored fifty year old survivor of a defunct make and a worn out junk whatever, each is just an eyesore to them. Oddly enough, they're glad to see the old car when it's restored, though they would careless preclude that possibility by destroying the very cars they enjoy when restored.

Glad you were able to save this Clipper, hope you can find it an owner who will restore it.

Steve

Posted on: 2009/10/22 8:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Quote:
On the hatred of old cars by politician: that goes for the general public at large, unless the car is beautifully restored. Most people can't differentiate between an unrestored fifty year old survivor of a defunct make and a worn out junk whatever, each is just an eyesore to them. Oddly enough, they're glad to see the old car when it's restored, though they would careless preclude that possibility by destroying the very cars they enjoy when restored.

That is very insightful. Thank you for that clarity.

Posted on: 2009/10/22 8:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Yea John,
I like Steve's comment too.

We live in such a 'disposable' society and age. The 'throw away' mentality is becoming the standard thinking.

Less and less people know how to repair, rebuild, rehab, or 'make do' with all the 'stuff' we use (cars, toasters, applainces...)

Of course it is all more and more complicated. Last week, I watched two mechanics diagnosing an engine with a 'distributor-less' ignition. Many of the old rules and tests didn't work anymore. They used their 'mechanics-brains' to think it through. (In the end it was a sticky valve).

Scottie, Good luck on the Clipper! Glad to know you are 'swimming upstream' in a throw-away culture.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/10/22 10:56
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
beej8508 Best price so far for shipping from here to you is a little over $400. Are you interested? Lets talk!

Posted on: 2009/10/23 17:20
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

beej8508
See User information
Scottie..
I'm sorry but after some thought and going over to look at my '57 today, I am going to have to let this one pass.
Thank you

Byran

Posted on: 2009/10/23 20:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved