Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
190 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 190

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Adding Car Info To Signature
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Great Packard Dan, and a good story of how you came to own it. I enjoyed reading it.
As far as Brian and Mal are concerned, their tireless efforts on behalf of this site are well appreciated. Sometimes you think you labor in the dark, but all of us on this forum appreciate the work that the volunteers do. It's great to be a part of it.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 8:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Just a word of note. It does not go back and place the signature in already posted posts, it only seems to appear in new posts.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 8:50
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Al, I don't think that's the case. When I added the registry links to my signature some time ago, all my posts back to my first one in 2007 picked up the new signature.

Edit: I'm reasonably sure that other than the actual post text, the other elements of the posts are dynamic and change based on what's currently in your account data.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 8:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
AL -

Shortly after I composed the Add Car Info to Your Signature text for the site FAQ, I went back and inserted one more point, after consulting with BigKev. That is, make sure the "Always attach my signature" option in your Account Profile is set to "Yes". IIRC, I was experiencing something such as you have described.

Any changes I make to the Signature field in my Account Profile are applied to my earliest posts that I could find at this site.

If it's not working for you, you may want to review the situation with BigKev. I'm sure he will advise me if any further revisions to my FAQ are needed.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 9:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved